Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. young Ego

young Ego Senior member

I wear a US size 10 C/D in most shoes. For Church's 81 Last should I size down to a UK 9.5F or a 9F?

2. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Has anyone seen a gray windowpane sport coat like this recently? I checked all the usual sources - BB, Ralph Lauren, J. Press, and O'Connels - but the closest I could find is a brown or tan background with a windowpane pattern. The gray base looks really nice, I think.

[​IMG]

3. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

I wear a US size 10 C/D in most shoes. For Church's 81 Last should I size down to a UK 9.5F or a 9F?

I figure a full size down - so size 9F. Double check with Herrings.

4. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Confused about the size of my boots.

I wear EU 44, US 10.5.

There is a pair of TODS winter boots in TODS' size 10 (110576745402) that seller says are 11.8 inch long on the "bottom of boot" (quote from the Ebay desrciption).

My other winter boots, with wider welts then TODS ones run between 12.7 to 13 inch on the outsole. My bare foot measures 10.6 inch.

I know that TODS sizes run 1/2 - 1 US size larger.

So I am confused whether the ''bottom of boot'' means the outsole and the cut of these boots have to be accounted for (i.e. no welts)? Should I go for TODS in larger size?

Cheers in advance!

5. stylishtry

stylishtry Member

I recently bought a tuxedo jacket on eBay (Monsieur by Givenchy if this helps address my question) and when I received the jacket the front pockets were sewn shut and they seem to be permanently/ I don't think there are any pockets there.

The gentlemen I purchased the tuxedo from said sewn pockets makes the jacket hang better. He said I could cut them open but he couldn't guarantee there will be an actual pocket there.

Is this write about the hanging better? I would prefer pockets but if it is stylish to have them shut I would be fine like that I just haven't seen that before.

6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

You should be able to tell if pockets exist by feeling the inside lining. Many suit jackets come with the pockets tacked closed and I leave them closed. Putting anything in outside lower jacket pockets, including hands, makes the line of the jacket look crap. My advice is to leave then alone.

7. dimeno

dimeno New Member

Hi!

I'm going to a friends wedding, but I don't have a suit where I am (university).
    Can borrow this, but I'm not really sure...wearable or not (go buy something new...)?
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I'm wearing it here[​IMG]

8. onix

onix Senior member

Hi!

I'm going to a friends wedding, but I don't have a suit where I am (university).
    Can borrow this, but I'm not really sure...wearable or not (go buy something new...)?
    [​IMG]

A size or two too tight. Also, I would not wear pinstripe to a wedding. It's borderline wearable: if you have no other option then it's better wearing this to a wedding than normal clothes; however, it is advisable that you buy the right size if you have an option of buying new. Since you are in college, you will need one sooner or later anyway.

9. heaven7

heaven7 Senior member

Hi!

[​IMG]

If you end up borrowing this, avoid buttoning the jacket.
    It's not really kosher by formal standards but the it'd help conceal the overall tightness.

10. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Confused about the size of my boots.

I wear EU 44, US 10.5.

There is a pair of TODS winter boots in TODS' size 10 (110576745402) that seller says are 11.8 inch long on the "bottom of boot" (quote from the Ebay desrciption).

My other winter boots, with wider welts then TODS ones run between 12.7 to 13 inch on the outsole. My bare foot measures 10.6 inch.

I know that TODS sizes run 1/2 - 1 US size larger.

So I am confused whether the ''bottom of boot'' means the outsole and the cut of these boots have to be accounted for (i.e. no welts)? Should I go for TODS in larger size?

Cheers in advance!

I would email the seller and make sure it's the sole and not inside the boot. I normally wear size 10 or 10.5 US and I have a pair of Tod's 9.5 that fit really well but they are driving loafers. I think Tod's are usually Euro size which would be closer to 11 US. Check the inside of one of your shoes and see what it measures inside too, that measurement may be right for the interior of the shoe.

11. dijon

dijon Well-Known Member

quick AE shoe measurement question

anybody have a width and length measurement of a 9D Allen Edmonds shoe with the Last #5? (Park ave, Fifth ave, Strand...)

would really appreciate it

12. young Ego

young Ego Senior member

I figure a full size down - so size 9F. Double check with Herrings.

Thanks for the response. According to Herrings size charts the US 10 is equal to the EU 43.5 and the UK 9.5, but I'm not sure I trust that all of the shoe brands Herring sells fit exactly the same in length. I also saw a pair of Church's Sahara Boots on Y00X listed as 9US / 8UK. Also, when I emailed Church's directly they gave me no answer and said I should visit one of their stores for a proper fitting (and I provided them with my foot length/width in the email). So now I either guess my size, or wait until the next time I'm in NY or London, which probably won't be anytime soon. Any additional insight would be welcome.

13. theyare

theyare Senior member

Who makes Paul Stuart's current shoes? Still grenson?

14. jpr1nce

jpr1nce New Member

What is the best material for sweat patch resistance in a work shirt?

Also what are the best fit work shirts for a slightly bigger guy, trying to stay fashion forwards

15. mech IFR

mech IFR Well-Known Member

what are the brand name of slacks that seem to be popular here? mitabix or something similar? I've been using the search for 15 min can't seem to nail it down.