Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. pwy95a

pwy95a Senior member

I cannot, for the life of me, remember the website that sold handmade self tie bowties in unique fabrics. Specifically looking for the one website that offered a BLACK CORDUROY SELF TIE BOWTIE. Any help?

2. Oat

Oat Member

I'm looking for details measurements on the Dockers D4 pleated front trousers, in the 32/33/34" waist range.

Contacted dockers direct and they weren't able to offer me anything more than the tag size - any chance someone could get hold of the rise / seat / thigh measurements?

3. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

4. onix

onix Senior member

5. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

hmmmm

6. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

7. farnsworth

farnsworth Member

hey guys,
    im looking to get some nice dress shoes. i am still in college and i could easily drop $300+ on a nice pair of allen edmonds and have them forever, its not really practical at the moment seeing as how i need 2-3 pairs (brown, black, other?). so what are some good brands that i can pick up a quality pair for $100-200

florsheim imperial

http://www.shoebuy.com/florsheim-imperial.htm

8. Eric29

Eric29 New Member

I have a quick question. My Dad, tall, slim, grey hair, 61, likes to wear jeans when he's not wearing a suit while walking around Manhattan, going to the MOMA, etc. I think I care about his appearance a little more than he does, but he appreciates my advice.

He wears lighter and darker denim in a straight leg. Generally speaking, and that's all we can do without pictures, do people think that a distressed boot like this look is generally more appropriate for someone younger?

http://bit.ly/d3Noz8

Thanks.

9. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I have a quick question. My Dad, tall, slim, grey hair, 61, likes to wear jeans when he's not wearing a suit while walking around Manhattan, going to the MOMA, etc. I think I care about his appearance a little more than he does, but he appreciates my advice.

He wears lighter and darker denim in a straight leg. Generally speaking, and that's all we can do without pictures, do people think that a distressed boot like this look is generally more appropriate for someone younger?

Thanks.

The Clark's beeswax desert boot is pretty much my go-to lightweight boot for most of the year and works with most straight leg denim including Levis 501s and APC New Standards, or even straight leg khakis. Great choice!

10. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

Thanks.

While you don't see those boots on people your father's age that often, it sounds like he would look great in them. I base this on his build, wearing jeans, etc. I know, a person's build doesn't affect the kind of shoes they should wear, but just am visualizing the whole look, and it sounds good. Those boots are classic with jeans, can't go wrong.

EZ

11. Eric29

Eric29 New Member

Thanks to both of you for the responses.

I also see that I should have posted in Streetwear. First post. I apologize.

12. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

^ No problem, we don't wear suits over here 24 hours a day (well, most of us anyway...) Welcome to the forum.

EZ

13. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

Best linen pants < $100?

14. Irf

Irf New Member

i recently purchased a burberry wool duffle coat in navy,

i'm looking to let the sleeves out but am worried about the original stitching seam on the cuff being visible when they let out the sleeve and create a new stitching seam.

my options are pretty much to either have a coat with slightly short sleeves or a coat with proper sleeve length with a risk of two seams at the sleeve cuff (which would probably look terrible)

there is also a tab on each sleeve, slightly above the cuff, which would have to be lowered as the sleeve is let out, and this could potentially cover up any potential remaining seam...the darkness of the navy could also help conceal the lines

suggestions?

15. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

I picked up a vintage Dior olive blazer with brass buttons. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to wear this with. I'm thinking khakis and dark suede desert boots, but something a little more formal would be welcome.