Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. arc

arc Senior member

Get it from wherever you found the photo.
    The tie in the photo is a satin (from RLBL). He's asking for a twill version of the same tie. I can't help with finding a twill, but you could always go for this vaguely similar (but sexier) Hober Grenadine stripe tie. [​IMG]

2. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

What is the average width for shoes? D or E?

Does UK have a different sizing for Width as well? Is their "E" equal to U.S. "D"?

3. onix

onix Senior member

What is the average width for shoes? D or E?

Does UK have a different sizing for Width as well? Is their "E" equal to U.S. "D"?

Medium in US = D
    Medium in UK = E

Hence US D = UK E

4. farnsworth

farnsworth Member

I'm thinking of buying rain/snowboots for my commute to work (business casual environment). How should I wear them? Should I tuck in my suit pants?

Also, bean boots or red wings?

5. KayJay85

KayJay85 Senior member

What causes a suit to crease just behind the armpit?

Is it an easy fix for a tailor?

6. bluebonnet

bluebonnet Well-Known Member

Does anyone own a Thom Browne pant? I found them awlful short. Do you let it out a little bit to make the length normal?

7. ruhler

ruhler New Member

hey guys,
    im looking to get some nice dress shoes. i am still in college and i could easily drop $300+ on a nice pair of allen edmonds and have them forever, its not really practical at the moment seeing as how i need 2-3 pairs (brown, black, other?). so what are some good brands that i can pick up a quality pair for $100-200

8. onix

onix Senior member

Does anyone own a Thom Browne pant? I found them awlful short. Do you let it out a little bit to make the length normal?

Thom Browne clothes are short and taper since that their fashion statement. It's a very fashion forward brand. You're supposed to wear them short. If you want to wear normally, why would you buy them in the first place, especially when they're rather overpriced anyway?

9. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

Best place to start is your brother and his bride-to-be. It's their wedding and what they think is appropriate is what matters. You may receive responses here according you dress from odd trousers and shirt to a suit; but we don't know anything about wedding couple nor their desired formality (or casualness) for the event. So it's best to have a sincere talk with them, especially the bride.

Therein lies the problem. I love them to death, but they are borderline retarded and terrible at planning things. The only feedback I've gotten from them is "no denim" [​IMG]

10. onix

onix Senior member

Therein lies the problem. I love them to death, but they are borderline retarded and terrible at planning things. The only feedback I've gotten from them is "no denim" [​IMG]

Suit, shirt and tie. Now, when you there, if you sense yourself overdressed, you can remove the jacket, or even the tie depending on how dressing down people are. It's all about appropriateness with the particular setting you're in. And that's how I always do it in events that I am not so sure about the level of formality. Especially for a wedding, one of the most important events in one's life, don't dress down. If for whatever reason you're under-dressed, that will be seen as disrespectful toward the couple, no matter how close you are to them.

11. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Kinda pissed... playing a gig and the dress code requires a grey or silver tie. Any suggestions? I want something relatively inexpensive... or somethig very nice.

I was thinking maybe a glen plaid tie, but is that versatile?

12. Invicta

Invicta Senior member

Kinda pissed... playing a gig and the dress code requires a grey or silver tie. Any suggestions? I want something relatively inexpensive... or something very nice.

I was thinking maybe a glen plaid tie, but is that versatile?

Panta Grey Wool Herringbone tie from our own Edmorel. Nice, nice ties.

[​IMG]

13. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I'm here looking for a recommendation on the following for the upcoming FW season:

-Slim Mackintosh style khaki rain coat (hoping to pay under $150)
    -Slim charcoal grey wool overcoat, heavy enough to stand up to Canadian winters (hoping to pay under $250)

14. bluebonnet

bluebonnet Well-Known Member

I dont see the point to buy jackets online without trying, but which store usually carry 36S or even 34 blazer? I am looking for something less expensive than 500 dollars.

15. dron

dron Senior member

two questions.

1: i need a pointer towards a slim fitting pair of light to mid grey wool trousers. pleated and cuffed. and available online in europe...

2: how do you think white mop buttons would work on a quite dark greyish brown suit? how about on a blazer/odd jacket in the same color?