Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. cross22

cross22 Senior member

haha. wrong thread kb. the WAYWRN thread wasn't at the top this time. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Deuce

Deuce Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers has its Madison Fit Plain-Front Classic Gabardine Trousers listed as $148 each or 2 for $199. Is the 2 for $199 a sale price or are they always priced like that? Just wondering if I should hurry up and grab a couple pairs or if I can wait....

3. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

4. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

Thornproof wool: What is it? Is it really thornproof?

5. Spinnington

Spinnington New Member

alright, so I seriously have no idea about how to dress myself, but I've started to try! I got a pair of grey/graphite chinos, and I'm trying to figure out what shoes I should get to wear with them.

I'm looking at a pair of oxfords here, and I'm wondering if that's a good color for grey pants? or should I go with black?

6. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

alright, so I seriously have no idea about how to dress myself, but I've started to try! I got a pair of grey/graphite chinos, and I'm trying to figure out what shoes I should get to wear with them.

I'm looking at a pair of oxfords here, and I'm wondering if that's a good color for grey pants? or should I go with black?

Welcome to the forum. Do lots and lots of reading around the site, look at the "What are you wearing right now" thread for ideas, and enjoy. You'll learn a lot about what works, what doesn't, what kind of "look" or style that will suit your personality, age and job.

I think those shoes might be a bit light colored for gray pants if the pants are dark gray. If it's a lighter shade of gray, they might work. Black is a safer color for the shoes, or a darker brown.

Good luck!

EZ

7. nexus

nexus Well-Known Member

Is it worth it to get darts in the couple of non-slim fit shirts I own or better to just donate em?

8. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Is it worth it to get darts in the couple of non-slim fit shirts I own or better to just donate em?

Darts are easy to make, should cost around $15-30. Whether it is worth it or not is up to you. Might want to start with 1 at the tailor and then if you like the result then do the rest.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

First time poster here and new to this whole thing really as I'm in college and only beginning to really find my style. I was just handed down a light gray Dior suit (with very light blue and pink pinstripes) and picked up a pastel purple shirt to go with it from Hugo Boss the other day (very similar to this color http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_...?redirect=true ) and now I'm looking for a tie to round it out. Problem is I really don't know where to start and I was wondering if some of you had suggestions for patterns, colors, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

Solid navy, or medium grey in my opinion would be best with what you described.

10. patrickBOOTH

JCrew suede wingtips with Dainite sole - saw them for $75 is it a good deal?

I think so, yes, but I would still think $200 is an even better deal for suede wingtips made by a real shoemaker.

11. Dewi

Dewi Senior member

Anyone know where I can get some vertical striped socks?

12. nexus

nexus Well-Known Member

Why on earth do the pockets on my pants stick out? They have big gaping holes. Are the pants too tight? They certainly don't feel that way.

13. patrickBOOTH

Why on earth do the pockets on my pants stick out? They have big gaping holes. Are the pants too tight? They certainly don't feel that way.

It could be the pattern itself. Because something isn't tight doesn't mean they hang well in relation to your body. Post pictures for a better answer.

14. Mt404

Mt404 Member

When Allen Edmonds says `Custom Calf` is that marketing slang for `This isn't full grain`?

15. nexus

nexus Well-Known Member

It could be the pattern itself. Because something isn't tight doesn't mean they hang well in relation to your body. Post pictures for a better answer.

Terrible pic, but you get the idea. What the hell is wrong with these things? I had them taken in a touch at a new tailor. I'd like to give them a chance to make it right, but if this is a really elementary mistake I'll take it elsewhere.

Is it too much fabric out of the seat, maybe?

[​IMG]