• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Montauk

Reaction score
Apropos of nothing, could someone tell me how to post full-sized pics? All I can find on the site are instructions for attaching photos, which I can do, but they only show up as thumbnails that need to be clicked.

Many thanks!

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
Apropos of nothing, could someone tell me how to post full-sized pics? All I can find on the site are instructions for attaching photos, which I can do, but they only show up as thumbnails that need to be clicked.

Many thanks!

You need to upload your pictures into some server (imageshark, picasaweb, flickr, photobucket, etc.), and then post pictures here using the [ IMG ] [/ IMG] tags.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
You need to upload your pictures into some server (imageshark, picasaweb, flickr, photobucket, etc.), and then post pictures here using the [ IMG ] [/ IMG] tags.

Thanks a lot!

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I hope this isn't breach of etiquette but my question will get lost a couple pages back if I don't repost... Anyone know of a shoe site that sells colored, flat, natural fiber shoelaces? Most ones I've seen and ordered from sell laces of a synthetic fiber. Synthetics suit my purposes but I'd like to see if there's a vendor that sells more cottony/fabric-y laces. I'm not sure if natural/synthetic is the correct distinction (they are probably both synthetic to a point). For instance I'm looking for laces such as these (zoom on the lace): http://www.zappos.com/product/7162892/color/72 Instead of these: http://www.zappos.com/converse-all-star-core-ox-black-1 They look similar enough but they are different. What I'm actually looking for would be gray laces like on the first linked pair. Any input?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
I hope this isn't breach of etiquette but my question will get lost a couple pages back if I don't repost...

Anyone know of a shoe site that sells colored, flat, natural fiber shoelaces? Most ones I've seen and ordered from sell laces of a synthetic fiber. Synthetics suit my purposes but I'd like to see if there's a vendor that sells more cottony/fabric-y laces. I'm not sure if natural/synthetic is the correct distinction (they are probably both synthetic to a point).

For instance I'm looking for laces such as these (zoom on the lace):
http://www.zappos.com/product/7162892/color/72

Instead of these:
http://www.zappos.com/converse-all-star-core-ox-black-1

They look similar enough but they are different. What I'm actually looking for would be gray laces like on the first linked pair. Any input?

Since you used Converse as your example, I did a google for Converse Replacement Lace and got this site
http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Converse...es-White-Black

Not sure if it is synthetic or not, though.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Since you used Converse as your example, I did a google for Converse Replacement Lace and got this site
http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Converse...es-White-Black

Not sure if it is synthetic or not, though.

Yea that's the thing, it's Converse style that I'm not looking for. They are the synthetics that I'm used to. The PF style is more cottony, feels more organic. That's what I'm looking for. But I don't wanna like... buy PF's and return them after being sneaky with the laces... =)

gunner05

Reaction score
I don't know why my question was deleted
frown.gif
- but here it goes again if anyone can please help!

Q1 - I need good all around black shoes (casual) to ear with my jeans. I have every other conceivable colour of loafers and sneakers but no casual good looking shoes. please recommend something for all around/casual wearing!

Q2- 30W by 30L jeans/pants almost always run too long for me, any recommendations for brands that run shorter than normal (length wise, obviously)? I feel like if most of the jeans my size I try on could be about 2 centimetres shorter, they would fit me perfectly well!

thank you!

hobscrk777

Reaction score
I've been checking eBay pretty frequently in the last two weeks looking at navy blazers. I've got a combination search set up to look for ralph lauren, polo, brooks brothers, canali, zegna, thom browne, and freeman. I've noticed that the Polo University Club shows up a lot on eBay. I read through a lot of old threads and found out that this is essentially the 90s equivalent of Chaps or Lauren Ralph Lauren.

However, they all seem to meet my criteria: navy shade not too dark, patch pockets, very low prices. Now, considering that I might be willing to spend a few hundred dollars on a better quality one, is a Polo University Club blazer worth it considering the money I would save, or should I be patient and wait for a higher quality, albeit more expensive one?

wasabily11

Reaction score
Well, I'm 17 in high school and almost time for school i been checking out a lot of Armani Exchange clothing because they look really nice and fit great, but they are sooo expensive so just asking is there another cheaper brand that would be similar to Armani Exchange?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads