• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a shoulder bag to carry my work laptop in - given that I'm normally in a suit?

I had a Linjer briefcase, but I don't particularly like having to hold the briefcase in my hands as I'm usually juggling an umbrella, coffee, etc. The shoulder strip on the Linjer briefcase is too stiff and the bag generally slips off my shoulder.

hpreston

Reaction score
Depending on size of your laptop:

or

Reactions: 1up

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Are there any rules/norms regarding monograming? I usually prefer to place the monogram somewhere discreete - rather inside the collar of a shirt than on the body. If I do choose to have it somewhere visible, I always go with my initials. But how are the rules when they're placed inside the collar (or inside jackets/other non-visible areas)? I'm thinking about going with my full name on my next jacket (my name isn't that long). Also, I'm thinking about going with my full first name and first letter of my surname on my next shirt (inside collar).

Are there any specific rules? Only initials, full first name and first letter of surname, or first letter of first name and full surname? Perhaps I'm just overcomplicating things...

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any rules/norms regarding monograming? I usually prefer to place the monogram somewhere discreete - rather inside the collar of a shirt than on the body. If I do choose to have it somewhere visible, I always go with my initials. But how are the rules when they're placed inside the collar (or inside jackets/other non-visible areas)? I'm thinking about going with my full name on my next jacket (my name isn't that long). Also, I'm thinking about going with my full first name and first letter of my surname on my next shirt (inside collar).

Are there any specific rules? Only initials, full first name and first letter of surname, or first letter of first name and full surname? Perhaps I'm just overcomplicating things...
It's your shirt and you'll likely be the only one to see it so do what you want.

wilcthree

Reaction score
I’m looking to get or have another navy sportcoat made. I have one in hopsack but I’m looking for something more 3 season. What other fabrics could the proverbial staple navy blue blazer be made out of that would ensure it doesn’t look like an orphaned suit jacket? Serge fabric? Looking for suggestions for something that has texture allowing it to be worn with odd trousers and isn’t a worsted.

OldTown

Reaction score

I've always been partial to left stomach.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's