• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

hpreston

Reaction score
So? I even find it beneficial to have a small percentage of synthetic because it will surely give you more durability.
Of course 100% is a more luxurious product and will look better, but in the first rain shower will ruin the coat.

edit: But I think 30% polyamide may be too much.
80% wool 20% polyamyde was the most balanced
You have come to forum thread titled "Ask a question, get an answer" and have asked a question. Several people have responded, yet you don't seem to want to hear any of the answers.

The "So" in my reply was in response to your inaccurate assumption of how textile blends work in a garment. If the body of a garment is made from a blend, unless it specifies "sleeves", then the entire garment is made from the same synthetic blend fabric. So in your case the entire coat is 30% synthetic. It may matter to you, it may not. It certainly does not matter to me, just trying to help you make an educated decision about your potential purchase.

Additionally, you have made another incorrect statement: "Of course 100% is a more luxurious product and will look better, but in the first rain shower will ruin the coat."

Rain will not ruin a 100% wool coat. 100% wool can maintain its insulating properties even when wet, and can absorb about 20/30% of their weight in water before it starts to leak through. Once dry, it will have no ill effects.

In the end, it is your money, not our money. You have asked and re-asked several questions, and seem to already be convinced to buy the coat.

So.........

You seem to have convinced yourself you want it, whatever is said. My opinion is that the long one in wool is a classic, the short one just looks odd.
As Simon said, you have already made up your mind.

Reactions: 1up

SpicyUnagi

Reaction score
Anyone have a RTW suppler for Moleskin pants in 42-44 waist, with a 14.5-15 front rise? I know Cordings does this only for corduroy.

FerX

Reaction score
Hello, this Isaia jacket got my attention but I think it's a suit jacket, do you think can be used as a blazer?
Is it possible to know from the information shown on the label the model of the jacket?

Attachments

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Appears like an orphan - possible salvageable as a sport coat thanks to the hopsack? texture if you swap out the buttons to lighter horn or brass

FerX

Reaction score
Appears like an orphan - possible salvageable as a sport coat thanks to the hopsack? texture if you swap out the buttons to lighter horn or brass
Thanks, I think is hospack, will change the buttons for lighter, more causal ones.

circumspice

Reaction score
That doesnt look like an orphan to me - it is not impossible for a sport coat's manufacturer label to talk about drop, as that can be useful to know a bit about how aggressive or not the coat is shaped

K. Nights

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to get replacement buttons for a sportcoat? I don't need anything fancy, it's a pretty casual jacket

FindIng

Reaction score
Hi all—
I sorta fell for this Sartoria Castangia suit a few months ago on ebay, though ended up not buying it because it would be a tad large for me. I'm a college student, and fairly a novice to high-end suiting: can anybody recommend brands that produce similar suiting? On the suit in question, I really liked the somewhat trim waist, the 3-roll-2, the rear vents, and the shoulders: I'm not an expert, but the shoulders seemed a little more structured than the standard Neapolitan type, with spalla camicia and all. In short, I liked the idea of a slightly more martial version of Neapolitan sprezz (perhaps I'm just swayed by the idea of cavalry twill), without feeling quite as armored as Roman tailoring. Am I completely off base here?
Anyway, would love any suggestions for something similar—a suit that's casual without feel quite so dandyish.
Thanks to all!

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.