• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

SpicyUnagi

Reaction score
Anyone have a RTW suppler for Moleskin pants in 42-44 waist, with a 14.5-15 front rise? I know Cordings does this only for corduroy.

FerX

Reaction score
Hello, this Isaia jacket got my attention but I think it's a suit jacket, do you think can be used as a blazer?
Is it possible to know from the information shown on the label the model of the jacket?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 17
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 54
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 57

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Appears like an orphan - possible salvageable as a sport coat thanks to the hopsack? texture if you swap out the buttons to lighter horn or brass

FerX

Reaction score
Appears like an orphan - possible salvageable as a sport coat thanks to the hopsack? texture if you swap out the buttons to lighter horn or brass

Thanks, I think is hospack, will change the buttons for lighter, more causal ones.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesnt look like an orphan to me - it is not impossible for a sport coat's manufacturer label to talk about drop, as that can be useful to know a bit about how aggressive or not the coat is shaped

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to get replacement buttons for a sportcoat? I don't need anything fancy, it's a pretty casual jacket

papado

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to get replacement buttons for a sportcoat? I don't need anything fancy, it's a pretty casual jacket

I like BiasBespoke (eBay/etsy/own web page) and Exclusive Buttons (Ebay/etsy)

FindIng

Reaction score
Hi all—
I sorta fell for this Sartoria Castangia suit a few months ago on ebay, though ended up not buying it because it would be a tad large for me. I'm a college student, and fairly a novice to high-end suiting: can anybody recommend brands that produce similar suiting? On the suit in question, I really liked the somewhat trim waist, the 3-roll-2, the rear vents, and the shoulders: I'm not an expert, but the shoulders seemed a little more structured than the standard Neapolitan type, with spalla camicia and all. In short, I liked the idea of a slightly more martial version of Neapolitan sprezz (perhaps I'm just swayed by the idea of cavalry twill), without feeling quite as armored as Roman tailoring. Am I completely off base here?
Anyway, would love any suggestions for something similar—a suit that's casual without feel quite so dandyish.
Thanks to all!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.21.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 12.21.55 PM.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 19
  • sartoria castangia 1.jpg
    sartoria castangia 1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 20
  • sartoria castangia 2.jpg
    sartoria castangia 2.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 18
  • sartoria castangia 3.jpg
    sartoria castangia 3.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 53
  • sartoria castangia 4.jpg
    sartoria castangia 4.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 57

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all—
I sorta fell for this Sartoria Castangia suit a few months ago on ebay, though ended up not buying it because it would be a tad large for me. I'm a college student, and fairly a novice to high-end suiting: can anybody recommend brands that produce similar suiting? On the suit in question, I really liked the somewhat trim waist, the 3-roll-2, the rear vents, and the shoulders: I'm not an expert, but the shoulders seemed a little more structured than the standard Neapolitan type, with spalla camicia and all. In short, I liked the idea of a slightly more martial version of Neapolitan sprezz (perhaps I'm just swayed by the idea of cavalry twill), without feeling quite as armored as Roman tailoring. Am I completely off base here?
Anyway, would love any suggestions for something similar—a suit that's casual without feel quite so dandyish.
Thanks to all!

This might be helpful

Also, this might be what you are looking for

One final thought, it is sometimes difficult to tell how soft or unstructured a shoulder is by just a static picture of the jacket hanging on a hanger

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Are the wrinkles / billowing at the upper sleeve seam of this G Inglese shirt (hand made) intentional? If so, is there a name for this type of construction? Does it serve any functional purpose?

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 26
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 138
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the wrinkles / billowing at the upper sleeve seam of this G Inglese shirt (hand made) intentional? If so, is there a name for this type of construction? Does it serve any functional purpose?

@Gus called it a waterfall shoulder:

@gdl203 has comments about Inglese shoulder fit:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. The "billowing" is actually 3D shaping (by hand) of the upper sleeve so it has a rounded shape that can house the upper arm naturally

gnu

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought anything from Bombinate.com? I can't quite tell if it is legitimate or not.

FindIng

Reaction score
Is there any reason to go to one Kamakura NYC store over the other? Are they similar in terms of size and stockage?

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Casual linen dress shirt sizing questions:

My usual collar size is 15 to 15 1/4 but I need to upsize to 15 1/2 on a slim fit or it gets too tight around my chest. Does the "1 finger collar" rule still matter if I have no intention of buttoning up? The 15 1/2 size collar has room for 2 fingers.

Will a good 100% linen shirt shrink after washing? I mean should I avoid buying a linen shirt that fits "perfect" OTR?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads