Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

want to know if these are c&j or sargent. i would think sargent due to the last shape and the leather quality and look of the punching. but nonetheless the price was too good to pass up. 10 dollars off more too

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

2. WorkingClassDude

WorkingClassDude Senior member

Anyone know of a shoe site that sells colored, flat, natural fiber shoelaces? Most ones I've seen and ordered from sell laces of a synthetic fiber. Synthetics suit my purposes but I'd like to see if there's a vendor that sells more cottony/fabric-y laces. I'm not sure if natural/synthetic is the correct distinction (they are probably both synthetic to a point).

For instance I'm looking for laces such as these (zoom on the lace):
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7162892/color/72

Instead of these:
    http://www.zappos.com/converse-all-star-core-ox-black-1

They look similar enough but they are different. What I'm actually looking for would be gray laces like on the first linked pair. Any input?

3. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

OK, could use recommendations for some basic wool navy pin- or chalk-stripe trousers. Straight leg, no taper, flat front. I'm considering J.Crew's Aldridge suit separates ($175) just so you can see roughly what I'm after.

[​IMG]

4. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Are Shoe Cabinets that rotate out (see picture) safe to use for dress shoes?

Seems the shoes will be wedge vertically in those tight spaces once you close the cabinet.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. click here

click here Senior member

I got a tweed jacket that fits really well however the shoulders are a bit too boxy (think it might be from the 80s). Was wondering would it be easy for a tailor to make it less boxy ? Will it cost a lot? Or am I better off just buying a new jacket?

6. MusicGo

MusicGo New Member

Hello, this is my first post here! I was hoping I could get some help finding a vest.

http://u2fanlife.com/wp-content/uplo...adrid-1987.jpg

I'm trying to find a vest just like the one in the picture here. Haha, don't laugh at me. Could anyone suggest a place online that would have a vest just like this, I always come up with really heavy, dressy, or cowboyish vests that are nowhere near the style or light weight look of this one.

Thank you!

7. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

Any pointers to brands that make bucks with a sole that's a little less substantial? Basically, lower-profile bucks...

8. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

cardguy you might want to check out cole hann they have some nice bucks right now and I think they're having they're big sale.

9. daruma

daruma Senior member

re: slim fitting shirts. i had a tailor make me a shirt locally and it was alright, except for the bunching of fabric behind the upper arm. i called it to his attention but he said it had to be there because the shirt had no pleats. if he removed that, my movement will be very limited. any opinions?

10. junior varsity

junior varsity Senior member

wheres the cheapest place to get a pair of john lobb's ready to wear line?
    like the chapel or the william ?

11. Cheweh

Cheweh Well-Known Member

can you apply topy soles even after the sole has been worn quite a bit?

12. dron

dron Senior member

re: slim fitting shirts. i had a tailor make me a shirt locally and it was alright, except for the bunching of fabric behind the upper arm. i called it to his attention but he said it had to be there because the shirt had no pleats. if he removed that, my movement will be very limited. any opinions?

i had a slim fit shirt made with no pleats and no extra fabric behind the shoulders. i regret that from the first time i took it on. now i also go for pleats as i find it to be the neatest way to get a little room for movement.

13. dron

dron Senior member

can you apply topy soles even after the sole has been worn quite a bit?

yes. the soles need to be somewhat roughened up for the glue to bind properly.

14. fbgm4l

fbgm4l Member

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out what size Jcrew jeans I wear. I wear 36/30 or 36/32 in Calvin Klein and American Eagle jeans. I know those brands aren't really up to your standards but I'm just a college student so hopefully someone knows what size I should get lol.

15. originaldre

originaldre Member

Quick Questions. I can get a pair of John Lobb shoes that are vintage in a size 12 US for $100. Do you think I could get my money back on ebay if they did not fit right?