1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior Member

Has this shirt expired?

Significant wrinkling on the collar for one of my AC shirt batches.

Looks worse in real life.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm assuming ironing doesn't help. I think a shirt 'expires' when the cuffs and collars look start looking like they're about to fall off.

2. Viktri

Viktri Distinguished Member

After ironing flat, the fabric bunches like that after a few minutes... the shirt is by Ascot Chang which has a strong reputation.

The collar does not appear to be falling off by the collars on all my AC shirts are like that now.

3. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Distinguished Member

4. Williams820

Williams820 New Member

Please forgive the "new guy" post but I'm hoping for some advice. I've learned a lot from the forum and some great blogs out there about traditional style itself, but most of what I see seems far out of my price range and local shopping choices.

I'm looking to upgrade my business wardrobe a bit and was hoping for some advice on brands to look for and where to shop. Funds are limited and I am hoping to keep the suit price around $500 or $600 if possible. Most of the people where I work seem to be in Jos A Bank, if in a suit at all, but I've seen what their reputation is around here [​IMG] Shopping-wise, I live near enough to a mall with Macy's and Dillard's. If I turn it into a full day trip, I can get to the Houston Galleria which has Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, Nordstrom and similar places.

Should I go to Brooks Brothers and call it a day or is there higher quality/better value to be found elsewhere? Can I get quality suits in that price range? Would it be worth going to the higher end stores (can I still get something for ~500 there)?

Thank you for any advice.

5. click here

click here Senior Member

So I want to get the Filson 256 bag from this site http://www.solomonoutfitters.com/Filson/Filson_256.html It's cheap at $169.99 shipped but I tried emailing them twice to ask if they had any stock (since most stores are sold out of it) and they still didn't reply. Should I still go ahead and order it? Also has anyone bought from them before? Why won't they reply back to me? Is the site real? I would ring them up to find out but I'm not from the US so it will be expensive...could someone please help me out?

6. onix

onix Distinguished Member

So I want to get the Filson 256 bag from this site

http://www.solomonoutfitters.com/Filson/Filson_256.html

It's cheap at $169.99 shipped but I tried emailing them twice to ask if they had any stock (since most stores are sold out of it) and they still didn't reply. Should I still go ahead and order it? Also has anyone bought from them before? Why won't they reply back to me? Is the site real? I would ring them up to find out but I'm not from the US so it will be expensive...could someone please help me out?

See 2 responses here on Filson's stuffs and decide by yourself: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Solomon_Outfitters

7. click here

click here Senior Member

See 2 responses here on Filson's stuffs and decide by yourself: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Solomon_Outfitters

yeah, I already read that but thanks anyway

anyone wanna help me out by calling them on the phone and asking whether filson 256 is available in brown? I'll pay you $1 via paypal for reimbursement. Phone number is (210) 834-7656

8. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior Member

A solid dark gray suit is appropriate for nearly any non-formal occasion regardless of the time of year. Whether it is too heavy is a question of comfort more than appropriateness.

THANKS!

9. moby

moby Member

Can someone name some minimalist fashion houses/designers?

So far I have cK & Jil Sanders.

10. rohansharma

rohansharma Member

Okay, quick question

Black, slim fit pants (not very slim) white shirt and white skinny tie.

Fashion forward or fashion faux pas?

I am a college student and they just introduced a formal dress code. I want to be slightly better dressed than everyone else who just wear pants and a shirt. You know, stand out but not stick out.

11. onix

onix Distinguished Member

Okay, quick question Black, slim fit pants (not very slim) white shirt and white skinny tie. Fashion forward or fashion faux pas? I am a college student and they just introduced a formal dress code. I want to be slightly better dressed than everyone else who just wear pants and a shirt. You know, stand out but not stick out.
    Never ever wear a skinny tie regardless of what you see on MTV, VH1, GQ, etc.,. If you don't like normal ties, a slimmer tie (3" for small-medium frame) or a normal knit tie will work wonder. Also white on white will look odd, choose different color/pattern.

12. rohansharma

rohansharma Member

13. power_8383

power_8383 Member

Hello guys, I'm new here.

I'm lilbit blackish and a fat person.[​IMG]
    Due to fattiness, I always prefer long sleeved shirt. (Not T-Shirt)
    I want to know what color combination of shirt and pant would suit me the best ?

Waiting for your replies,
    Thank You.

14. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior Member

Hello guys, I'm new here.

I'm lilbit blackish and a fat person.[​IMG]
    Due to fattiness, I always prefer long sleeved shirt. (Not T-Shirt)
    I want to know what color combination of shirt and pant would suit me the best ?

Waiting for your replies,
    Thank You.

Most people here will say workout and lose weight...then give you spam on how it is good for u....

15. power_8383

power_8383 Member