Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. wrongandright

wrongandright Senior member

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I'm planning on getting a custom suit made. I would like to use it for weddings, funerals, and all that stuff. Will a 1-button suit be alright for that?

2. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

3. wrongandright

wrongandright Senior member

Yes, I think? Excuse my ignorance, but is there something wrong with wearing the same suit to a wedding and a funeral?

4. yuna12

yuna12 New Member

hello,
    I am currently hunting for a pair of dress shoes, something between 200-400 dollars, black, business formal and comfortable, brand doesn't mean a lot to me but i have to be able to buy it online and get it shipped to me (i live in california) within the next 8 days, a member here recommended AE's park avenue, i like it alot, are there any other brand/model u would recommend?
    thanks

5. unkownone

unkownone New Member

Actually...ditch the hot pink shirt. Get a cream linen shirt (wear unbuttoned at all times) and a light brown (tan) fedora. Plus a dark tan and white/black spectators. It'd totally work.

What do you mean by "cream linen shirt?" Is cream the color? Is the shirt buttoned all the way? Or is it more of a pollo?

6. dron

dron Senior member

a little while ago i followed a link to a shoe brand site. one of the shoes (easiest to explain/remember) had punctures on the toe cap in the shape of the superman s.
    what is the name of that brand?

7. dron

dron Senior member

What do you mean by "cream linen shirt?" Is cream the color? Is the shirt buttoned all the way? Or is it more of a pollo?

cream = color
    linen = fabric material
    shirt = type of garment
    pollo = chicken in spanish

8. dah328

dah328 Senior member

This is gonna be a stupid question, but I'm planning on getting a custom suit made. I would like to use it for weddings, funerals, and all that stuff. Will a 1-button suit be alright for that?

Yes, I think? Excuse my ignorance, but is there something wrong with wearing the same suit to a wedding and a funeral?
    There's nothing wrong with wearing the same suit to both kinds of occasions so long as it is appropriate for both. A one-button suit is a little more distinctive than the more common two or three-button suit. If you want a suit to wear for lots of different occasions, you probably want it to be as plain as possible. In that case, when you change the shirt and tie, people are less likely to notice the suit and the fact that you've been wearing that same suit each time.

9. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Bought my first pair of HB deck shoes on sale. So not returnable. When I pulled the insoles out, I noticed there was a lining of what appears to be cardboard. Is this unusual? Would I find this in other brands?

10. Buffalonian

Buffalonian Member

I say yes. Men's Flair recently had an entry on this look.

Although non-traditional, would a velvet bowtie look good with a satin-lapel midnight blue sb notch dinner jacket?

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I say yes. Men's Flair recently had an entry on this look.
    You do realize that question was almost 2 years old, right?

12. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Anyone familiar with Hickey Freeman Presidential sizing does it compare to the Mainline Madison model or is it cut smaller?

13. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

You do realize that question was almost 2 years old, right?

He is a very slow typer.

14. SimonM

SimonM Active Member

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me identify the shoes being worn here? I don't see it for sale at UO and their customer service hasn't written me back with any helpful info. Thanks.

15. dron

dron Senior member

a little while ago i followed a link to a shoe brand site. one of the shoes (easiest to explain/remember) had punctures on the toe cap in the shape of the superman s.
    what is the name of that brand?

anyone remember this?