1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Distinguished Member

Should be fine, especially as it's not in a visible area.

2. SimonC

SimonC Distinguished Member

We may need a photo. Did you just pop the seam, or have you actually made a hole in the weave? In either event it's not too tricky to fix but it's easier to do it neatly if you're just sewing the seam back closed.

3. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior Member

I totally ripped a hole in the fabric. My thought is that it’s just pointless to pay for having it fixed if it’s just going to rip open again.

4. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior Member

Any suggestions on where I can go for a traditional double breasted trench coat that will fit a guy who wears a 48XL suit?

5. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior Member

What is the best wait to get a linen suits wrinkles out?

Obviously the jacket and trousers are going to wrinkle and that's fine, but after a few wears it becomes excessive.

I have a special event coming up so how can I remove some of the wrinkles from a suit and maintain the lapel roll?

Thank you

6. Veremund

Veremund Distinguished Member

Hand steamer?

7. Ich_Dien

I usually get mine steamed by the dry cleaners.

If you're desperate and don't have a hand steamer you can leave it hung up in the bathroom and turn the shower on full for a quick fix.

8. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior Member

Are there any brands that carry RTW suits and/or SCs in US34/EU44 with jetted pockets on the jacket or do I have to resort to MTO/MTM for this?

9. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

I use a electric razor (battery operated). I will sometimes skip shaving on the weekends. On the 2nd day when I don't shave I will occasionally get some itching on my 1 day stubble. I start scratching uncontrollably and soon I tear the skin a bit. I have switched shavers, cleaned them, etc. but it sometimes happens. It could be the dryness of the climate, but I'm indoors most of the time so I a pretty climate controlled. Anybody get this?

10. Epicure

Epicure Senior Member

Your point about being indoors most of the time could be part of the problem. Air-conditioning, whether for purposes of heating or cooling, can result in particularly dry air, contributing to dry skin. Dry skin may be prone to itching, the symptom that is affecting you.
    Potential remedies, either singly or combined:
    -switch to wet shaving using a traditional shaving soap with a high fat content, badger or synthetic badger shaving brush and a DE or straight razor (modern cartridge razors, aerosol shaving foams and gels, disposable razors and electric shavers of all designs are awful for one's skin compared to traditional shaving methods)
    -moisturise your face regularly, especially post-shaving using a quality balm that contains no alcohol (alcohol dehydrates the skin)
    -grow a beard, continue to use a regular moisturising regimen, but with a suitable beard oil or beard balm (typical moisturising creams and shaving balms will only penetrate to the skin under a very short beard/stubble while also making your beard a bit of a mess), and exfoliate by regular brushing with a natural bristle brush to help remove any build up of dry skin under the beard.

11. hentaisan

hentaisan Senior Member

Are ticket pockets an aesthetic for British suits only? Would one on an italian style (natural shoulder, high gorge, wide lapel) be a clash of styles?

12. Fully Threaded

Fully Threaded Active Member

13. Ich_Dien

I've seen plenty of Italian suit with ticket pockets. I think when you have hacking style pockets then, yes, it becomes very British.

Do avoid the patch ticket pocket favoured by some iGents, it looks truly truly awful.

14. breakaway01

breakaway01 Distinguished Member

Forever? You’re joking, right?
    Barring mistreatment of the uppers, the soles will be the first part to give out. I have no idea whether these can be resoled and even if so, where you could get it done with the original sole. If you are serious about this I’d suggest asking the manufacturer directly.

15. Emivenc

Emivenc Active Member

One of my suits from way back has a few tiny holes, practically unnoticeable. I think it was when we had a moth problem in my house 5 years ago.

Although I have heard the holes can be mended? What are the options ? And is it pricey?