1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Quarrel

Quarrel Member

Thanks kopo - I'll check it out.

2. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Distinguished Member

@Quarrel Shockoe, Gustin, 3sixteen, Left Field, Levi's, and many others all make a proper mid-rise cut that won't, you know, advertise your religion. What is your price range and build?

3. Quarrel

Quarrel Member

thanks fairlynerdy -- I do feel as though some cuts threaten to reveal all. Some of them feel rightish at first, but then they start to move downward and the shirt comes out and are just generally uncomfortable. I'd say I have a pretty normal guy body (roughly 5'11" 190) a little thick around the middle, but generally a 33 sometimes 34 waist and 30 length.

Price isn't much of an issue - I wear (wore) Bonobos straight cut, but the straight cut seems to have shrunk over time - rise, thighs, calves, and opening all too small now for my taste. I wear Jean Shop Rocker for my sort of weekends, but they're a little loose and probably not quite right to dress up a bit. I tried a Levi's 505 and found them too big and a new 501 and found them uncomfortably small in the legs.

So that's the story -- I'll check out your suggestions and if you reccommend anything particular after learning the above, I'd greatly appreciate it.