1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. zanci

zanci Well-Known Member

I want a slim fit. Want to buy the shirt online...

2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Distinguished Member

You're better with the Italian makers then.

Barba (black label), Finamore (black label), Truzzi etc.

3. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Well-Known Member

Where can I get solid dress shirts with cutaway/spread collars and french cuffs for around $80-$100? I currently own Brooks Brothers and I looked at Kamakura but they don't have my size. Thanks all.

4. pyrocryptic

pyrocryptic Member

I haven’t really worn an actual suit with a dress shirt yet. I never wear dress shirts, but since I’m going to be wearing a suit soon, I need to get a dress shirt. I’m thinking of looking into brooks brothers Milano. I just purchased an Alfani dress shirt but it’s baggy and I’m concerned it would affect how my suit looks.

5. alexei

alexei Senior Member

I've been away from this forum for several years. I want to buy some new slimmer fitting flannel dress pants. I was buying Howard Yount pants. I still like the stuff from there, but they don't have much stock anymore (size 32" waist). What pants in the price range of $150-$200 are recommended these days?

6. facet

facet Senior Member

Maybe check out spier and Mackay? I don’t remember the cost for mtm off hand but it’s a pretty good deal from what I remember reading in the affiliate thread.

7. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

Check out Mr. Porter's (https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/sale/clothing/trousers?sortBy=discount) current sale offerings. They have pants from Incotex, Canali, etc. I also like my flannel trousers from SuitSupply, whom is also, by they way, currently having a sale: https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet, code is FINALSALE.

8. DeNomad

DeNomad Member

I was trying to find a guide to the different types of leather on SF but didn't find anything. Does anyone know of a good intro for footwear newbies? In particular I am wondering as to what leather is most appropriate for foul weather footwear, something that can take a bit of rough treatment and still look nice - water, some snow etc. Ideally able to buff out some marks without to much effort and age well. Roughout leather, waxed roughout, grained leather? Recommendations would be welcome.