Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bpm2000

bpm2000 Member

can you get away with wearing a fabric belt with a casual suit? think khaki + suede or something.

2. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior member

i just got the BBBF suit on gilt http://www.gilt.com/s/black-fleece-1f9/product/37713085 i know nothing about the ettiquette of suits/seasons. I'm clueless. Can I wear this to a wedding on labor day weekend? it's not a black tie wedding. kind of casual. I was thinking with a blue oxford and a thin vintage rl floral tie I have. what im really asking is this too heavy of a suit? can I wear this year round?

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Valentino blazer
    Kiton shirt
    Gucci pant
    MD belt
    Pantherella socks
    JL loafers
    Creed cologne
    Piaget watch

4. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Valentino blazer
    Kiton shirt
    Gucci pant
    MD belt
    Pantherella socks
    JL loafers
    Creed cologne
    Piaget watch

[​IMG]

5. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I was at Club Monaco today and found a blue and white striped oxford cloth shirt with white button down collar, as well as a blue oxford cloth shirt with a white club collar, and Im not 100% sure if I should keep them. They were both slim fitting and on sale for $30, but I cant tell if it would be a good look. Any opinions?

6. daruma

daruma Senior member

so a friend who is real short and heavy (5'2 160lbs) is going to the wedding im going to but he doesnt know what suit to wear or what to look for. a local tailor is recommending a 3-roll-2.5 but i just wanna know what the general opinion here is for people of my friends build

7. cardguy

cardguy Senior member

8. jays978

jays978 Senior member

9. unkownone

unkownone New Member

I'm trying to find a hat to go with a suit that I bought. The suit is a kind of pastel purple with a thin plaid pattern. The coat has matching pants and I usually wear it with a hot pink dress shirt and a white tie. I'm not really sure where I would even buy a hat or what would even match. I would really appreciate your help [​IMG] If you'd like pictures of the colors or the full ensemble, that's totally do-able. Thanks [​IMG]

By the way, I really have no knowledge of terminology of stuff or any real knowledge of fashion.

10. ah_dut

ah_dut Active Member

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

i just got the BBBF suit on gilt
    http://www.gilt.com/s/black-fleece-1f9/product/37713085

i know nothing about the ettiquette of suits/seasons. I'm clueless. Can I wear this to a wedding on labor day weekend? it's not a black tie wedding. kind of casual. I was thinking with a blue oxford and a thin vintage rl floral tie I have.

what im really asking is this too heavy of a suit? can I wear this year round?

A solid dark gray suit is appropriate for nearly any non-formal occasion regardless of the time of year. Whether it is too heavy is a question of comfort more than appropriateness.

12. dah328

dah328 Senior member

13. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I'm trying to find a hat to go with a suit that I bought. The suit is a kind of pastel purple with a thin plaid pattern. The coat has matching pants and I usually wear it with a hot pink dress shirt and a white tie. I'm not really sure where I would even buy a hat or what would even match. I would really appreciate your help [​IMG] If you'd like pictures of the colors or the full ensemble, that's totally do-able. Thanks [​IMG]

By the way, I really have no knowledge of terminology of stuff or any real knowledge of fashion.

What you're describing is costume, not fashion or style. If you're wearing a suit like that, what difference would a hat make? You're not going to get any more or less attention or be considered by others to be wearing any less of a costume than if you wore just the suit by itself.

14. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Actually...ditch the hot pink shirt. Get a cream linen shirt (wear unbuttoned at all times) and a light brown (tan) fedora. Plus a dark tan and white/black spectators. It'd totally work.

15. triumphman

triumphman Senior member