Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

2. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Contemplating buying an Aquascutum trench coat here on the forum. Does anyone know how they fit - I'm a 46L and his one is a Regular. can someone tell me how they are sized or cut. I know Sanyo's sometimes fit even when they are regulars. Its hard to take sleeve measurements as its a raglan sleeve. Anyone have experience?

3. FourFemur

FourFemur Member

Who would make a pair of shoes like this? im looking for these for a friend and i thought cole haan might have a pair like them . . unsuccessful. im getting stumped. thoughts? help? [​IMG] height of the heel is key and darkness of the lace/material. lol. pretty much *those* shoes, as closely as possible

4. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

5. onix

onix Senior member

Who would make a pair of shoes like this? im looking for these for a friend and i thought cole haan might have a pair like them . . unsuccessful. im getting stumped. thoughts? help? [​IMG] height of the heel is key and darkness of the lace/material. lol. pretty much *those* shoes, as closely as possible
    Pretty much any respectable shoemakers have them. Search for snuff suede chukkas. For example ((just replace the laces if you want the darker ones, which can be found for $1 at Allen Edmonds): C&J Chiltern [​IMG] AS Havant [​IMG] Edward Green [​IMG]

6. FourFemur

FourFemur Member

Pretty much any respectable shoemakers have them. Search for snuff suede chukkas. For example ((just replace the laces if you want the darker ones, which can be found for $1 at Allen Edmonds):

C&J Chiltern

[​IMG]

AS Havant

[​IMG]

Edward Green

[​IMG]

thankyou SOOO much onix!!!!

7. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Anyone have any examples of someone pulling off a red gingham check blazer? I found a brand new H&M one today at a thrift store for really cheap. If I cant make it work Im gonna return it to H&M for store credit.

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

RLPL blazer
    Brioni pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Zegna pant
    Zegna belt
    Armani socks
    Brioni penny loafers
    Creed Cologne
    Piaget watch

9. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Not sure if you really want that color, Edward Green makes a lovely Taupe one [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

If you were building a wardrobe for the young professional and had around $200, would you rather buy:

3 BB shirts (Egyptian cotton, slim fit, non-iron)
    OR
    5-6 TM Lewin or CT shirts (slim fit, non-iron)?

I have 1-2 shirts that I think would pass SF muster, and wear suit & tie 5-6 days a week.

11. blynch

blynch Senior member

If you were building a wardrobe for the young professional and had around $200, would you rather buy:

3 BB shirts (Egyptian cotton, slim fit, non-iron)
    OR
    5-6 TM Lewin or CT shirts (slim fit, non-iron)?

I have 1-2 shirts that I think would pass SF muster, and wear suit & tie 5-6 days a week.

Not aware that TM Lewin offers slim fit non-iron shirts. Fit is pretty good on these though and they are cheap, $25-30, however I am not very impressed with the fabric, nothing special there. I have half a dozen, great hospital shirts, but I wouldn't wear them trying to impress a board room.

You would probably need extra slim fit in BB, the slim fit is still pretty big.

12. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

I'd go with the BB shirts. They will last a long time, look good, feel good, and you can depend on the quality.

You may have to do laundry a bit more frequently until you build up your wardrobe but in the long run I think it will be worth it.

13. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior member

Is Canali Milano a diffusion line or is that the main line?

14. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior member

if you are talking about shirts, they have Canali milano and Canali exclusive...

It is a blazer.

15. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Anyone know if http://www.skyvalet1.com/ is still in business? I e-mailed them (with their contact e-mail from the website) last week with questions about a MTO Edward Green, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Is that normal? Or should I just e-mail them again?