Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. heybear

heybear Well-Known Member

There's always a bit of a gap between the tip of the stay and the tip of the collar point. That's where the collar is stitched. But if you eliminate the space between the collar and the shirt, there's no room for the tip to curl inward. What you really want is for the tip to curl outward, following the line of the shirt.

2. schuettlerw

schuettlerw Member

So...I just received these in the mail. I bought them off ebay and they are 9.5C/E. They fit great width wise, but do not fit length wise and am wondering if I should try and return to the seller, or flip to profit/break even, which I may have difficulty doing, since alden shell loafers are a dime a dozen on ebay, but these were only $120 and fill a hole in my rotation well. Anyways, I was wondering if a heel tab or something would fix the issue because these shoes are great, however, I've never used a heel tab. Thanks for reading and helping!

3. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

What are your expenses to return them to the seller?

4. schuettlerw

schuettlerw Member

They won't take a return. I talked to mdubs and went and got some heel tabs and they seem to have fixed the issue for now.

5. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Guys, what are the pros and cons of a wool-cotton (51-49) blend for suits?

I actually bought a (E Zegna) tuxedo jacket recently at that blend. It won't be worn often, maybe twice a year; I will likely keep it as it feels and fits nice, but I am interested in thoughts on the blend and whether more suitable for summer/winter etc.

6. Ceri Davies

Ceri Davies New Member

Hi guys,

I am being a little cheeky. I am hoping that you might help me with my dissertation research.

As part of my Masters degree I have designed a study for my final dissertation module; would you take a few minutes to complete my survey at the link below? The survey aims to explore how you interact with others about your brands (the brands you choose).

http://abergeography.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1YuEHrbsDBAwKmF

This survey is really important for my degree, so please help me to complete it. Obviously, your responses will be strictly confidential (Aberystwyth University guarantees this) and your identity will be anonymised by the survey software.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Ceri x

7. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Guys, checking on thoughts re: navy tuxedo jacket and black pants combination. Just picked the below up from the recent Mr P sale for about USD900 - E Zegna jacket and Thom Sweeney pants, the exact combination per below photo. I'm looking for an upgrade from my JCrex tuxedo.

The combination looks good in photo and looks good in person IMO, but given I will only need one tuxedo (thinking of using it for my future wedding, industry events), have a nagging suspicion I should return it and pick up an all-black or all-navy tuxedo (from Suitsupply?) instead. Thanks!

791734_mrp_cu_xl.jpg 791734_mrp_fr_xl.jpg 791734_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

8. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

If you genuinely think it looks good, wear it.

The reason you are asking here, I suspect, is that deep down you know it's not particularly stylish to mix the colours.

9. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

^ Thanks. More that I only need one tuxedo... so it seems better to get a single colour tuxedo, I mean it's not like suits where I can buy 10 and wear them all regularly.

10. Mr Tewkesbury

Mr Tewkesbury Senior member

11. EsurkJP

EsurkJP New Member

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-s...h-cole-charcoal-gray-slim-fit-suit-31K131K217

Extreme novice suit buyer here. I am wondering if this suit would be a good value or if my money would be better off going towards something else? I have an additional 40% off bringing the price down to around $250.

If not, can anyone offer recommendations? I am looking for a simple, classic suit for professional use and nice occasions. Thanks for the help.

12. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

Due to poor history of the company, I'd try other brands, and if your finances allow, I'd invest more money.

13. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Try B&S here.

14. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Go to the Suitsupply Outlet (http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/outlet.html - code FINALSALE) if you're in the USA - see if there's anything left in your size. There were some decent conservative options at that price point, but I think they've mostly sold out.