• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Amizerek42

Reaction score
Is the Nordstrom's sale on AE Park Aves the best price ($219.90) i'm gonna find for a new pair?

whiskeybeard

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a BBBF suit (this one) online, and am trying to determine what size to get. There is no store nearby where I can try one on, so I figure I'll just chance it and return if it doesn't fit, but I'd prefer not to have to. I'm pretty sure I should a be a BBBF2 or 3, but not sure which because

1. In most suits I'm a 40R (6'0 178lbs), which I understand is equivalent to BBBF2.
2. But I have tried on BBBF dress shirts, and BBBF3 was the best fit (I wear a 16" neck.)

So should I go with the 2 because that matches my general suit size, or a 3 because that matches my BBBF shirt size (and as I understand it BBBF generally runs somewhat slim)?

Thanks!

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Amizerek42
Is the Nordstrom's sale on AE Park Aves the best price ($219.90) i'm gonna find for a new pair?
It does seem to be harder to find popular AE models such as the Park Ave in common sizes for really low prices. All things considered, you're probably getting a pretty good value on Park Aves at $220.

KeatonCollar

Reaction score
Question: It is understood that most on SF like to rock a certain look to the utmost. However, are there any parts of an outfit that can be less expensive as to focus on another item? (ex: middle of the road tie with high quality sports coat)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KeatonCollar
Question: It is understood that most on SF like to rock a certain look to the utmost. However, are there any parts of an outfit that can be less expensive as to focus on another item? (ex: middle of the road tie with high quality sports coat)

Monetary value is quite irrelevant to one's look. Many veterans here look stunning even though their wardrobe is not bespoke, Kiton, EG... (Dig up for pictures of Doc Holliday for example, he doesn't post on WAYWRN much, but each post is a lesson). So if you have a bespoke suit, that doesn't mean your tie or shirt need to be bespoke. As long as they fit and go well with each other, you're good to go.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some old shirts with worn collars. Anyone have an idea what to do with those?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I have some old shirts with worn collars. Anyone have an idea what to do with those?

You can take them to a shirtmaker to have the collars replaced. Expensive and only certain colors (white mostly) though. For example CEGO does it on white only, both collar and cuffs for $60 as in here.

KeatonCollar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Monetary value is quite irrelevant to one's look. Many veterans here look stunning even though their wardrobe is not bespoke, Kiton, EG... (Dig up for pictures of Doc Holliday for example, he doesn't post on WAYWRN much, but each post is a lesson). So if you have a bespoke suit, that doesn't mean your tie or shirt need to be bespoke. As long as they fit and go well with each other, you're good to go.

Thanks onix.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
You can take them to a shirtmaker to have the collars replaced. Expensive and only certain colors (white mostly) though. For example CEGO does it on white only, both collar and cuffs for $60 as in here.

Thanks, onix. Hm, white only. I was thinking about patterned shirts, navy gingham, for instance.

Getzione

Reaction score
Thanks, onix. Hm, white only. I was thinking about patterned shirts, navy gingham, for instance.

If all else fails, you can always make pocketsquares
smile.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
If all else fails, you can always make pocketsquares
smile.gif

Great idea. Should've thought of that myself.

KeatonCollar

Reaction score
Topic: Brioni sportswear shirt sizing

Bought a Brioni sportswear shirt, size M. The collar is 16.5 inches but the sleeves are 35 inches. I wear 16.5x33. Essentially, the sleeve is extended by the width of the barrel cuff (2 inches).

Is the line designed this way on purpose? The SA said they make the sleeve length this length in Europe as they like long sleeves, however I'm skeptical though.

Is it possible they designed it to allow for as much tailoring as required for a fit?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you really like the shirt you can always just replace them with white for high contrast
smile.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
Would this belt be appropriate to wear with jeans, and is it worth the price on sale?

The belt should fit the loops in your jeans. If it fits them, this belt will look good, but if it's too thin, don't wear it with jeans. Simple as that. However, I could never justify spending more than $25 on a belt. I go to Nordstrom Rack where they have a nice selection of belts and buy them there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads