Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior member

http://www...........us/

can someone ban please? hes posting random links in different threads

2. monkeyzoncrack

monkeyzoncrack Member

Hi,

I tried to find the answer to this elsewhere as I'm sure there are posts on it, but was unable (perhaps because I'm not sure about the terminology I should be using).

I'm trying to buy a new belt (actually two) and was wondering about the one belt loop vs two belt loop (where you tuck the belt on the front of the belt) difference.

Is there a stylistic difference here, because I feel like the two belt loop is a little odd looking, but I have heard that single belt looped belts are flimsy (from an admittedly unreliable source).

also specific recommendations for a black belt and a brown belt for use with a pair of walnut allen edmonds lombards would be appreciated (around $100 dollars).

Thanks.

3. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

can someone please recomend me a nice medium weight (Autumn) charcoal fabric with a fine herringbone pattern? maybe a h. lesser, minnis or something?

i dont have access to samples and am ordering via email...

4. KingPepe

KingPepe New Member

Hey, I'm sorry if this question is asked pretty often, but I am looking for white v-neck shirts to be worn alone with either jeans or shorts for the summer. I really like the extremely white sheened look like I see a lot of people wear (I'm not sure how to better describe it, its uhh... kind of shiny?) and was wondering what brands those shirts are.

My other problem is I have relatively dark skin and a lot of white shirts are see through or heavy nippling for me.

So far I've tried Banana Republic and Armani Exchange, but I dont like Banana's fit, and the Armani shirt that I tried was pretty transparent (although I have heard that there are other AX white v necks that are less transparent)

If anyone would be kind enough to give me some tips or brands to look at that would be very helpful, thanks.

5. cuervo1387

cuervo1387 Member

6. rockyfella

rockyfella Well-Known Member

Is there a trick to cleaning brogue shoes? All the cream and wax is clogging the little perforations. Or is this a non-issue and I am just being OCD?

7. onix

onix Senior member

Is there a trick to cleaning brogue shoes? All the cream and wax is clogging the little perforations. Or is this a non-issue and I am just being OCD?

Horsehair brush should remove most of the remaining polish/wax. Once in a while, I use toothpick to clean the inside, then brush.

8. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Hi,

I tried to find the answer to this elsewhere as I'm sure there are posts on it, but was unable (perhaps because I'm not sure about the terminology I should be using).

I'm trying to buy a new belt (actually two) and was wondering about the one belt loop vs two belt loop (where you tuck the belt on the front of the belt) difference.

Is there a stylistic difference here, because I feel like the two belt loop is a little odd looking, but I have heard that single belt looped belts are flimsy (from an admittedly unreliable source).

also specific recommendations for a black belt and a brown belt for use with a pair of walnut allen edmonds lombards would be appreciated (around $100 dollars).

Thanks.

The number of loops makes absolutely no difference. And don't AE belts run around $100?

9. dron

dron Senior member

i just got this suit
    [​IMG]
    in a linen/wool blend

i want to change the buttons and need suggestions. i would like to be able to use the jacket as a sports jacket or blazer so i think some non matching buttons would be nice, light horn maybe. or shiny brass.
    what do you think?
    should the buttons in the trousers be the same as in the jacket if i want to wear the set as a suit as well?

what buttons should i put on this?

10. TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe Senior member

Brooks brothers sale should have belts 50% off, putting them in the $50 range.

Hi,

Thanks.

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Hey, I'm sorry if this question is asked pretty often, but I am looking for white v-neck shirts to be worn alone with either jeans or shorts for the summer. I really like the extremely white sheened look like I see a lot of people wear (I'm not sure how to better describe it, its uhh... kind of shiny?) and was wondering what brands those shirts are.

My other problem is I have relatively dark skin and a lot of white shirts are see through or heavy nippling for me.

So far I've tried Banana Republic and Armani Exchange, but I dont like Banana's fit, and the Armani shirt that I tried was pretty transparent (although I have heard that there are other AX white v necks that are less transparent)

If anyone would be kind enough to give me some tips or brands to look at that would be very helpful, thanks.

You'd probably have better luck with this question in the Streetwear & Denim forum. Most posters in the Men's Tailored Clothing forum aren't going to want undershirts to show let alone wear them as a regular shirt.

12. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Looking for a pair of dark brown or black shoes to wear with suits. Anyone have any recommendations of comfortable shoes that look similar to these?

http://www.zappos.com/bruno-magli-ma...rk-brown-nappa

I'm not sure if you're just looking for a captoe shoe for which there are many options or an Italian-designed captoe for which there are fewer options. For the former, you might consider either the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue captoe in dark brown or the Crockett & Jones Audley or Hallam models.

13. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

What do you guys think of AE's color "tan"? I ordered a pair of loafers and wanted them in chili, but they only had them left in tan. I'm not totally sure how they'll look and what I'll think of the color.

14. oov

oov Member

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

can someone please recomend me a nice medium weight (Autumn) charcoal fabric with a fine herringbone pattern? maybe a h. lesser, minnis or something?

i dont have access to samples and am ordering via email...

The people who know a lot about fabrics generally don't read this thread. In this particular case, you might consider starting a new thread in Men's Clothing and asking your question there.