Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. spartiate

spartiate New Member

Hi,

I just bought a Brooks Brothers slim seersucker striped tie. Any tips on the best shirt color and trousers for this kind of tie?

Most of my shirts are white, light blue, light pink spread collar shirts.

BTW, here is the link to the tie from the BB site: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

2. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Is it wrong to button the bottom button on a three button winter coat over a suit?

3. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Is it wrong to button the bottom button on a three button winter coat over a suit?
    No, outerwear doesn't have the same don't-button-the-bottom-button rule as jackets.

4. highendstyle

highendstyle Active Member

Is there a good look for business casual attire with short sleeves for summer? Short sleeved dress shirts tend to look too casual to me, but if anyone has any examples I'd love to see them!

5. cchen

cchen Senior member

any suggestions for an OTR navy, double breasted blazer in 36R/S?

i really like this one but its sold out in my size

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Is there a good look for business casual attire with short sleeves for summer? Short sleeved dress shirts tend to look too casual to me, but if anyone has any examples I'd love to see them!
    Are you opposed to rolling up a long-sleeved shirt? I like that look better than a short-sleeved shirt, and it's a shirt you can wear during the warmer and cooler months (depending on the fabric weight). - Keith

7. highendstyle

highendstyle Active Member

Are you opposed to rolling up a long-sleeved shirt? I like that look better than a short-sleeved shirt, and it's a shirt you can wear during the warmer and cooler months (depending on the fabric weight).

- Keith

No, I'm not really against rolling up the sleeves except for the fact that then if I roll them down the sleeves will be all wrinkled.

I did some searches and the bottom line here seems to be: No short sleeved dress shirts, which is how I feel as well, but I was hoping there might be something I was missing.

8. onix

onix Senior member

No, I'm not really against rolling up the sleeves except for the fact that then if I roll them down the sleeves will be all wrinkled.

I did some searches and the bottom line here seems to be: No short sleeved dress shirts, which is how I feel as well, but I was hoping there might be something I was missing.

Just keep them rolled up, you don't need to roll them down anyway, so why care about wrinkles?

9. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I just bought a 6 button, DB blazer on eaby, only to discover that the only real button hole (aside from the interior button) is the bottom. It looks utterly ridiculous when I buton just the inside button, yet I hate the look of having the bottom button closed.

Has anyone here ever had a button-hole added, and if so, how much did it cost? Is this something tailors typically do?

10. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Go to WAYWRN for dissenting opinions.

11. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

[​IMG]

Did you get these in the islands/Hawaii, OD/OT? I have a couple of similar shirts, but I wear them in ultracasual settings with shorts and sandals in the summer to street fairs, Lollapalooza, etc.

12. rubbishtheory

rubbishtheory Senior member

13. oldog/oldtrix

oldog/oldtrix Senior member

Did you get these in the islands/Hawaii, OD/OT? I have a couple of similar shirts, but I wear them in ultracasual settings with shorts and sandals in the summer to street fairs, Lollapalooza, etc.

Love is where you find it, and so are aloha shirts. I have ultra-casual versions, always made of very soft rayon, cut very full, and with camp collars, that I wear untucked, and mostly unbuttoned, with jeans or cotton/linen casual pants (even light wieght cargo pants). These that I wear with tailored tropical wool and gabardine trousers to the office in hot weather, when a suit and tie are not called for, are silk and/or silk blends, sewn like dress shirts, and cut more closely though still loose enough for good air circulation.

14. DaveD

DaveD Member

Just dumped my wallet in exchange for a less bulky clip and a couple of cards combo, but the lack of an obvious place to put my condoms/condom holder when I go out is throwing me off.

Where and how do you guys carry your condoms?

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Just dumped my wallet in exchange for a less bulky clip and a couple of cards combo, but the lack of an obvious place to put my condoms/condom holder when I go out is throwing me off.

Where and how do you guys carry your condoms?

In a fanny pack, of course.