Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

H&M has a lot of linen sport coats during the summer for $50-$60ish IIRC

Can you purchase them online? Can't seem to find any through Google.

2. onix

onix Senior member

3. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

4. JesterM

JesterM Well-Known Member

What's the consensus on having your cuffs monogrammed? Stylish or ostentatious?

5. dah328

dah328 Senior member

What's the consensus on having your cuffs monogrammed? Stylish or ostentatious?
    The latter.

6. mrtef3

mrtef3 Active Member

Does anyone know where to get those Felt boutonnière things? I've seen a lot of people with them and they look really neat.
    I've got a "crafty" lady on eBay making me some prototypes - I'd be happy to share the results with you when I have them, and give you her contact information. Send me a private message. -Tom-

7. slappy

slappy Senior member

Does anyone know if these Brooks Brothers Peal shoes are made by C&J? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= They look so much like Belgraves to me, though I doubt they are Handgrade quality. Does anyone know if the last looks like the C&J 337? Im thinking it might be a Connaught or Hallam

8. onix

onix Senior member

Does anyone know if these Brooks Brothers Peal shoes are made by C&J?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

They look so much like Belgraves to me, though I doubt they are Handgrade quality. Does anyone know if the last looks like the C&J 337? Im thinking it might be a Connaught or Hallam

Alfred Sargent

9. slappy

slappy Senior member

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I'm wearing those shoes right now. They're quite nice.

11. slappy

slappy Senior member

How does the last fit, and do you have any knowledge on the maker? If it is C&J I've heard the 240 last fits somewhat wide. Is that accurate? I generally wear 11E in AE, 11D in Alden Trubalance/Barrie and so was considering the 11.5D. They also have a free shipping deal going on, and apparently next day air is 5 dollars more.

Ive been on a suede kick recently, I just find them so much more comfortable than leather. It feels like the suede conforms to my feet whereas the leather stays firm. Since Im using these for casual shoes I much prefer the feel of suede, though they are easy to stain.

12. onix

onix Senior member

13. slappy

slappy Senior member

Ah I guess I shouldnt have asked this before buying. Tis sold out now, I thought it reserved it for me.

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

My rule of thumb is that for standard shoes, MSRP $488 means AS. Also the look can be deceiving due to camera angle/distance. C&J or AS?
    C&J
    How does the last fit, and do you have any knowledge on the maker? If it is C&J I've heard the 240 last fits somewhat wide. Is that accurate? I generally wear 11E in AE, 11D in Alden Trubalance/Barrie and so was considering the 11.5D. They also have a free shipping deal going on, and apparently next day air is 5 dollars more. Ive been on a suede kick recently, I just find them so much more comfortable than leather. It feels like the suede conforms to my feet whereas the leather stays firm. Since Im using these for casual shoes I much prefer the feel of suede, though they are easy to stain.
    Yup, it's on the 240 last. They don't feel particularly wide to me, but I'm somewhere between a 9E and a 9.5D. I suppose my feet are slightly on the wide side. These fit me well in the width, but the length is a hair long; a size 9 would be too short for me. Here's a crappy iPhone pic: [​IMG]
    Ah I guess I shouldnt have asked this before buying. Tis sold out now, I thought it reserved it for me.
    D'oh!

15. onix

onix Senior member

^ Interesting, learn new thing everyday.