Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Senior member

2. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Die.

3. dah328

dah328 Senior member

4. highendstyle

highendstyle Active Member

Is Diesel stained/ faded boot cut denim in or out?

5. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Q: With a cold climate in consideration, which is a better overall coat; a three quarter coat that is single or double breasted?
    Double is warmer, but unless you frequently spend long periods of time outdoors and suffer from an insufficiently warm coat, I would choose the coat that is overall most appealing to you as the difference in warmth between a single and doubled-breasted coat is not likely to be significant.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Is Diesel stained/ faded boot cut denim in or out?
    You will probably get better responses to that question in the Streetwear & Denim forum rather than the Men's (Tailored) Clothing forum.

7. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

You will probably get better responses to that question in the Streetwear & Denim forum rather than the Men's (Tailored) Clothing forum.
    Probably asked and answered a million times, but ... How hot should the water be to hot soak jeans to shrink them, and how long should I leave the jeans in? Is it as simple as "hotter and longer = more shrink"? ps: Did a search .. and just found about 40 threads of people telling the guy he should have done a search.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Need a quick opinion on my suit fit. I'm currently 150lbs but I'm moving up a weight class in jits so in two to three months I'm going to be 170-180lbs. I have a 38R jacket from H&M right now which I think is just a sly bit too big for me but I'm fairly sure I can fill it out. I am going to have to get the length and the arms taken in a bit, but I would also have to do that on a 36R. Do you think the jacket is too big to pass for a bit? or should I just bite the $70 + alterations for a jacket I might throw out in two months.

Front
    Back
    Side

10. chopp

chopp Active Member

what color/pattern pocket square should i rock?

suit: summer weight light grey
    shirt: white cotton
    tie: traditional seersucker/blue

im thinking a regular white pocket square, but would that be too matchy?

I'd say white/primary blue pattered.

anyone else?? i need one by saturday and the only place i can find locally with pocket squares are brooks brothers :\\

might just go white handkerchief

11. xensphere

xensphere Member

Hi. I have a pair of C&J for PRL white suede wingtip in US 9.5D. Would I be able to wear a UK9D C&J in the 337 last? Thanks in advance

12. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Need a quick opinion on my suit fit. I'm currently 150lbs but I'm moving up a weight class in jits so in two to three months I'm going to be 170-180lbs. I have a 38R jacket from H&M right now which I think is just a sly bit too big for me but I'm fairly sure I can fill it out. I am going to have to get the length and the arms taken in a bit, but I would also have to do that on a 36R. Do you think the jacket is too big to pass for a bit? or should I just bite the $70 + alterations for a jacket I might throw out in two months.

Front
    Back
    Side

It's way too big in the shoulders. Even if you do manage to put on 20 or 30 pounds, your shoulders aren't going to get any broader so that jacket will still be too big.

13. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Hi. I have a pair of C&J for PRL white suede wingtip in US 9.5D. Would I be able to wear a UK9D C&J in the 337 last? Thanks in advance
    In most C&J, EG, etc., a US D width translates to a UK E width. You might be able to squeeze into a UK9D, but that's where you really want to be able to try the shoes on before you pay for them.

14. rfpgh

rfpgh Active Member

nm wrong forum, sorry.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Stupid question, but do you have to wear a suit to a summer wedding? I haven't been to a wedding in a long time and my old suit fits horribly. I was wondering if it's okay to wear dress pants, collared shirt, tie, and a blazer. Thanks.