Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

This thread delivers.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

You mean Sneijder? Or yourself?

"Nerazzurri"

3. acecow

acecow Senior member

Is it possible to fix a few small holes (the size of a couple of threads) on a jacket or should I throw it out?

Thanks!

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Is it possible to fix a few small holes (the size of a couple of threads) on a jacket or should I throw it out?

Thanks!

Yes, a reweaver can fix small holes. There's a couple in larger cities that accept mailed items. Do a search for reweavers to find more info on them.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

"Nerazzurri"

Ah. Sneijder... (Beautiful shirts.)

6. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Can anyone help me find a pair of shoes similar to the Tricker's shown below? The model is called the Robert. There were several pairs available here a few months ago, but I was too indecisive. The closest I can think of is the Alden PTB in whiskey or ravello, although that would be over 2x as expensive as these Tricker's.

[​IMG]

7. neil7230

neil7230 Active Member

How can you tell if a 3 button jacket can be pressed into a 3 roll 2? Or a 3/2.5 into a 3/2?

8. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

What brands make affordable and decent quality button-down shirts (both dress and sports shirts)? I've been buying some stuff from J-Crew, but they sell their shirts in standard sizes (e.g. M, L, XL) and I'd rather be able to purchase according to neck-size and sleeve length. I've heard decent things about Brooks Brothers, and there's a local outlet store, but I've also heard some negative things as well. So what brands and why?

By the way, when it comes to outlet stores, how can you discern if you're getting decent quality? For instance, I recently bought some J-Crew button-downs from an outlet store, and I'm wondering how to tell if they're up to par.

Thanks.

9. Made in California

Made in California Senior member

Wear Rockports and cry beltlessly?

I have a pair of black Rockport dress shoes that I find very comfy and I think they look nice. Is this bad?

Spend less time online and have sex more [​IMG]

I thought SF was supposed to make me have more sex because I will look better and thus be more attractive. Is this not what SF aims to do? What is SF's real purpose?

10. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

I have a pair of black Rockport dress shoes that I find very comfy and I think they look nice. Is this bad?

Yes.

I thought SF was supposed to make me have more sex because I will look better and thus be more attractive. Is this not what SF aims to do? What is SF's real purpose?

make u ghey so u can have more sex.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Thoughts on GREY dress shoes?

I just picked up a pair, look nice but the construction is rather cheap and nasty... was thinking to either wear them casually with jeans or with business casual.
    Also, if I wore a belt, what color would it be?

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thoughts on GREY dress shoes?

I just picked up a pair, look nice but the construction is rather cheap and nasty... was thinking to either wear them casually with jeans or with business casual.
    Also, if I wore a belt, what color would it be?

I frickin love grey dress shoes. They are great for both, great with navy. I have a grey lizard belt by Martin Dingman that is great with them. Check my Hermes grey ones here :

[​IMG]

13. yoink

yoink Well-Known Member

Attention shoppers with Saks that carry Barker Black- have you seen any monkstrap or archdale loafers available? i am dying for a pair, well my gift card is dying to get used, and my local saks doesnt carry barker black.

14. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

What brands make affordable and decent quality button-down shirts (both dress and sports shirts)? I've been buying some stuff from J-Crew, but they sell their shirts in standard sizes (e.g. M, L, XL) and I'd rather be able to purchase according to neck-size and sleeve length. I've heard decent things about Brooks Brothers, and there's a local outlet store, but I've also heard some negative things as well. So what brands and why?

By the way, when it comes to outlet stores, how can you discern if you're getting decent quality? For instance, I recently bought some J-Crew button-downs from an outlet store, and I'm wondering how to tell if they're up to par.

Thanks.

Anyone?

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Anyone?

If you are just starting out, Brooks Brothers is a fine choice for you. There are much higher end makers such as Borrelli, Finnamore, Fray, etc. etc. where you can get up to $800/shirt. But if you are just coming out of S, M, and L sized shirts, BB is a fine solution for you.

The best way you can easily discern outlet made merchandise from overstock is to familiarize yourself with the imaging and style of the brands labels, then you can look for variances on the outlet made tags. Go to shops at the full price level and really examine them, so you can spot them on the fly when you get to the outlets. Most times there will be major differences, such as font, reversing of colors, etc.