Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Which one of these 2 would you buy 1. Church's Grafton - 360 GBP 2. Crockett & Jones Pembroke Church's [​IMG] C &J [​IMG]

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Which one of these 2 would you buy 1. Church's Grafton - 360 GBP 2. Crockett & Jones Pembroke Church's [​IMG] C &J [​IMG]
    I can't speak to the construction, but based solely on aesthetics, I'd go with the C&Js. - Keith

3. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Which C & J model is this Sid Mashburn shoe [​IMG] Is the C & J Swansea in suede suitable for casual wear (casual trousers and jeans) or is it too sleek for that [​IMG]

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

No, impossible, specially when the buckle is held to the belt using screw(s).

??? are you sure?

5. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Is this suit outdated, or is it just a cut of the lapel that is bothering me. I know there are soft cut lapels (A&S) and then very rigid ones (tom ford)

[​IMG]

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

??? are you sure?

Check my sig...

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Is the C & J Swansea in suede suitable for casual wear (casual trousers and jeans) or is it too sleek for that [​IMG]
    I'd definitely rock those with jeans or odd trousers. They're bluchers, so the open lacing lends itself to a more casual dress style, if I'm not mistaken. - Keith

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Check my sig...

already done [​IMG]

just a bit of tickeling...

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

I'd definitely rock those with jeans or odd trousers. They're bluchers, so the open lacing lends itself to a more casual dress style, if I'm not mistaken.

- Keith

depends where you're living. in europe, except the british, the ratio bal to blucher with suits is quite opposite to the US.

10. kevin250

kevin250 Active Member

I don't know much in the ways of tailoring and whatnot, so I figured I'd ask here.

I recently picked up an H&M suit on the cheap since it generally fit exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the sleeves are a tad short, maybe about half an inch to an inch too short. My question is, would there be any ways that a tailor could lengthen the sleeves of the jacket a bit?

Thanks.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

depends where you're living. in europe, except the british, the ratio bal to blucher with suits is quite opposite to the US.

Bon point.

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Bon point.

ty

btw, stick with the navy socks in your seersucker combination. imo, it really makes a statement.

13. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

already done [​IMG]

just a bit of tickeling...

And I said I wouldn't underestimate you... Entschuldigung, fritzl.

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

ty

btw, stick with the navy socks in your seersucker combination. imo, it really makes a statement.

I expect I'll alternate between the light blue and the navy. I agree that the navy socks look good, provided I'm wearing a white shirt. I think the blue shirt I had on initially is just too visually weighty; definitely not summer-friendly.

- Keith

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I don't know much in the ways of tailoring and whatnot, so I figured I'd ask here.

I recently picked up an H&M suit on the cheap since it generally fit exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the sleeves are a tad short, maybe about half an inch to an inch too short. My question is, would there be any ways that a tailor could lengthen the sleeves of the jacket a bit?

Thanks.

It's unlikely that there was any fabric allowance left in the sleeves, especially if you need another inch of length.