Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JustinMcAfee

JustinMcAfee Member

Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade.

Anyone else have useful input re: my new shoes 2 posts above?

2. JustinMcAfee

JustinMcAfee Member

Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade.

3. AE7

AE7 Senior member

dude, dont get it personal:

first, it is my ho, second, i am not saying you are in a waiter's gear, but the person you describe would appear to me like the one, third, i dont hate this shoes, but i find them ugly, and i think it is better to let you know what others think than be a hypocrite and let you sport them.

4. onix

onix Senior member

Anuar, what the heck? First I'm dress as wait staff from a Fazoli's. Now you hate my shoes? Stop sippin' on the haterade. Anyone else have useful input re: my new shoes 2 posts above?
    Put it this way, SF's taste on shoes is very different from yours. This is SF's taste on shoes: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=168002

5. JustinMcAfee

JustinMcAfee Member

Ah, in that case I appreciate your honest hatred of my shoes! [​IMG] Also, in hindsight, it does look like a waiters uniform...

6. daruma

daruma Senior member

anyone know where an online fabric seller which offers a large selection of vicuna?

7. onix

onix Senior member

anyone know where an online fabric seller which offers a large selection of vicuna?

Highly highly doubt there is any because vicuna is so rare (up to 1 lb is produced per animal).

8. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

Is it ok if I wax/polish my shoes a couple days after I condition/cleaner them? Or do I have to wax/polish them after I condition/cleaner them. They will not be worn in the couple days.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Is it ok if I wax/polish my shoes a couple days after I condition/cleaner them? Or do I have to wax/polish them after I condition/cleaner them. They will not be worn in the couple days.
    That's perfectly fine. The important thing is that the polish is applied to a clean and conditioned/moisturized leather surface.

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Just bought these shoes, what should they be worn with? Dark denim jeans? Dress slacks? My new white linen suit?

[​IMG]

If it helps, I hate your shoes.

11. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

Brioni sizing...I take a 44 in Canali, but a 42 in Armani Collezioni. There is a 42 on ebay I am interested in. Thoughts on what size I might be in Brioni?

12. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Brioni sizing...I take a 44 in Canali, but a 42 in Armani Collezioni. There is a 42 on ebay I am interested in. Thoughts on what size I might be in Brioni?
    It is all about the chest and shoulder measurements. There are too many variables to rely on tag sizes.

13. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

All right, I'm leaving for New York on Monday. While I'm there, I'll be applying for jobs.
    The jobs will all probably be low-level - working for places like Starbucks. I'll also be applying for jobs at Uniqlo, H&M, and other "fashion-oriented" places.

When I have leisure time, I plan to visit some bastions of culture -- jazz clubs, art galleries, etc.

All that said -- should I bring a suit and tie? It wouldn't even be a question except I have to limit my baggage to two big bags, and I'll be in NYC for one or two months.

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Just bought these shoes, what should they be worn with? Dark denim jeans? Dress slacks? My new white linen suit?

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm not even usually an MC guy and I can't stand those. It's a total destruction of the shape created by your foot, and it would create an awkward visual when combined with creased trousers. The central ridge of leather makes it look like a flipper, and the elastic portion is just complete amateur hour.

The leather color and laces are really good, though. If you return those and buy shoes like that with a more normal appearance, you could wear them with just about anything. They'd look great with a white linen suit.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]