Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dron

dron Senior member

i think it's nice, just wanted to hear what you guys thought... [​IMG] edit: it's from a 'design your own MTM shirt' service...

2. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

What can I do to keep my shirt from gaping open above the belt line between buttons when I sit? Its gross.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

My leg hair goes down to my ankle bone. For those who wear shoes without socks during the warmer months, are you shaving off some hair?

4. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

At what stores (both non-online and online) do you guys recommend buying budget ties? What brands should I look out for?

5. onix

onix Senior member

i think it's nice, just wanted to hear what you guys thought...
    [​IMG]

edit: it's from a 'design your own MTM shirt' service...

The contrast collar and cuffs mean formality, however the button down collar and the front pocket say casual.... You should reconsider these details.

6. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

The contrast collar and cuffs mean formality, however the button down collar and the front pocket say casual.... You should reconsider these details.

The darker buttons also say "casual". Do you have a specific use in mind for this shirt? That stone/khaki color color isn't an easy one for a shirt; it tends to wash out most people with lighter complexion.

7. dron

dron Senior member

The darker buttons also say "casual". Do you have a specific use in mind for this shirt? That stone/khaki color color isn't an easy one for a shirt; it tends to wash out most people with lighter complexion.
    the buttons are horn. i'm never required to wear formal or 'correct' clothes so basically i can wear what i want. and this was an attempt to combine the smart look of contrasting collar with the casualness of the ocbd.
    i guess i end up not doing it, but there's just something about it that i like a lot...[​IMG]

8. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

the buttons are horn. i'm never required to wear formal or 'correct' clothes so basically i can wear what i want. and this was an attempt to combine the smart look of contrasting collar with the casualness of the ocbd.
    i guess i end up not doing it, but there's just something about it that i like a lot...[​IMG]

It's not something that would be SF-approved, but it's certainly not unprecedented. Polo has done contrasting collar OCBD shirts from time to time. The french cuffs and darker buttons are definitely something you would only see on a custom shirt.

9. onix

onix Senior member

the buttons are horn. i'm never required to wear formal or 'correct' clothes so basically i can wear what i want. and this was an attempt to combine the smart look of contrasting collar with the casualness of the ocbd. i guess i end up not doing it, but there's just something about it that i like a lot...[​IMG]
    Like southbound35 said, they're not SF-approved, but they look nicer than most casual/fashion forward shirts out there. So if you like it, get it, take our advices with a grain of salt. After all, you're wearing it, not us [​IMG]

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My leg hair goes down to my ankle bone. For those who wear shoes without socks during the warmer months, are you shaving off some hair?

Nope. Let it be.

11. rubbishtheory

rubbishtheory Senior member

Does anyone recognize these two labels? I am trying to work out who made a pair of trousers - the trousers are perfect but the label faded... Made in Japan... [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

13. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

what u guys think?

Cant go wrong with a basic brown belt. Whats the problem?

14. lpresq

lpresq Senior member

What color/style of trousers would pair best with this SC? Thanks!

Attachment 44314
    [​IMG]

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

What are the differences between saddle and spectator shoes?