1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. whitelies

whitelies New Member

Please let me know if there is a better topic to ask this as I'm new here...

I'm looking for a jacket (or alternatively a suit) in a material similar to the ones below. The first one is Zegna, the second Tagliatore, neither brands that I would usually wear but I've gotten obsessed with a pattern like this. I would get either one of these if I found it in my size, but I haven't so I'm looking for other ideas.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hindi ako

hindi ako Active Member

Any idea as to the most appropriate ways to wear a pair of black brogues? I have a nice pair from Sanders and Sanders, but am in need of some tips as to colours/suits and occasions to wear them with.

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you!

3. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

Go look at a great online store like Axels of Aspen, look for shoes similar to yours...

4. acwiz

acwiz New Member

I tend to wear them at the office with a crisp white shirt, charcoal flannel suit and a burgundy tie. It's boring but does the job at the office...Navy suit, light blue shirt and madder tie is another choice.

I find my black McAllisters' to not be super versatile but great for the office, especially in Canada (i.e. North America) where they are kind of seen as a quintessential business shoe.

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Where is discussion regarding the new forum platform being discussed?

6. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

LatAm and Churchill W like this.
  7. yunBW

yunBW Well-Known Member

I'm a college student and I really like the look of cardigan with tie (really want to use my fun ties), but I'm debating whether I should get shawl collar cardigan or Cardigan for versatility? Any color recommendations? I'm thinking of cream, grey and beige or burgundy.

8. mactire

mactire Senior member

For those watching Designated Survivor episode 17, 'The Ninth Seat', the Abe Leonard reporter character wears a rather boring tie I'm fond of, blue motifs on a brown background. Anyone know its origin?

[​IMG]

9. 0Phoenix0

0Phoenix0 Member

Just saw a corneliani tux with a tag that says "export usa". Does that indicate a lack of quality in comparison to the "normal" Cornelianis?

10. Churchill W

I'd start with darker colors (navy, grey, brown) as they can dress up and down more easily. Versatility-wise I think a non-shawl might be better, although shawl is a classic collar type too, it is having its time in the spotlight right now and might be off trend soon, so a regular collar might be better, because it's neither on trend or off trend right now.

11. yunBW

yunBW Well-Known Member

I have navy crew neck and other color for different style of sweater you mentioned. Wouldn't it be too boring or finding wearing the same look over and over? I might get one shawl collar and the rest without collar.

As for brown cardigan I assume it's chocolate brown?

12. Churchill W

Cardigan vs crew neck is enough of a difference to me.

13. Davechefirst

Davechefirst New Member

Any idea of where/when to buy Drakes with good discount (ties and shirts)?

14. acwiz

acwiz New Member

I bought one on the Hanger Project for about 50$ during their Christmas sale, other than that try B&S or Ebay.