1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

It really depends on the last, but I don't think they fit that differently from other dress shoes. Though this depends on the last too. For the 5 last, which the Park Avenues are on, some people wear their Brannock size and some go down a half size and up a width, due to the narrowness of the last.

I believe Allen Edmonds used to have a fit guide on their site that you could print out and compare against your foot. I wouldn't base my size solely on that, but would be one piece of information I would factor in.

2. salina

salina New Member

While shining a dress shoe little white pours opened how do I fix it

3. Chainarong

Chainarong New Member

I would like to ask you about jean Levi's 501
    13oz Mexico. Do you have size 33x30? & How much totally cost to buying?
    Thanks

4. mactire

mactire Senior member

Ta but unfortunately my waist and 34" parted ways some time back [​IMG].

5. IntentionalMan

IntentionalMan Member

Has anyone purchased a leather jacket from Selected Homme? What was your size experience? How is the leather?

6. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

HELP! My suit coat was saturated in (clean or unused) motor oil. Don't ask....

This is not a spot stain, about one quarter of the coat was affected. The good news I guess is that not too much oil was spilled in trunk of my 97 Accord.

Any chance of redeeming this? What should I do?

7. mactire

mactire Senior member

Decent funeral is about all. Organic compounds like oil are very hard to remove from clothing.

8. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Sell it as a work of post-modern art.

Given the elements - a suit coat (uniform of the of the corporate oppressors), oil (lifeblood of the industrial state which makes Gaia cry), my advice (which entitles me to 15% of the proceeds), etc., this is a potentially highly lucrative no-brainer.

Is there any chance the motor oil damage took place while you were driving to an anti-Trump rally? Or at least that nobody can disprove a claim that the damage took place while you were driving to an anti-Trump rally?

Remember, that's 15%. And I accept most major currencies of our First World Oppressors.

I can easily imagine your stained suit coat showing up on an episode of "Pawn Stars," circa 2083 (the year of the Metapsychic Rebellion). That insufferable know-it-all, Chumlee Jr., will go on and on, explaining to Rick III, how the school of "oil stain suit art" was a reaction to the faux-populist global political phenomenon of the times, and that if the stained suit coat in question can be authoritatively linked to pre-2018 StyleForum, he'd have no problem paying as much as 2.25 Bitcoin for it.

1 person likes this.
  9. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

If it's a high-end piece, send it to Rave Fabric Care.

10. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

What kind of tie looks good with a basic navy suit? I have a wine grenadine tie from Drake's that fits perfectly, but I can't wear it everytime I'm wearing a navy suit.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  11. pravda

pravda Senior member

[​IMG]

12. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Many. Most, even. So many possibilities that there's no way to meaningfully list them here.

Why not post pictures of a few ties you like with the basic navy suit? If any are a bad choice, doubtless someone will tell you.

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Cover your essentials.

Solid grenadine: burgandy, navy, brown, black, forest green, silver

Pindot: navy, burgundy

One repp tie

Two motif ties

One wedding tie (prince of wales, shepherd's check, houndstooth)

1 person likes this.
  14. mactire

mactire Senior member

Those of you with pleated trousers how deep are the 1st and 2nd pleats?

15. AlanMac

AlanMac Member

deleted

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  16. MrBEngle

MrBEngle New Member

Hope I'm not seeing this too late:

In De Wildeman is one of the best beer bars I've ever visited: http://www.indewildeman.nl Also there is an excellent burger bar across the street https://www.burgerbar.nl/locations/ - the Wagyu is to die for! Restaurant Red serves an outstanding dinner http://www.restaurantred.nl

I was there for a few months and don't recall anything like London's Jermyn St in Mayfair for clothes, etc., but I could be wrong, I wasn't looking.

17. jnhappy84

jnhappy84 Member

Guys... I have a question with my pants

I have a pants that fill almost 99% well but just the crotch area. it's not " clean" , you know what I mean, there is ripples/crease no matter how I sit the pants around my waist.

so... My question is

compared with slim down the pants. to tailor the crotch area is more complicated? expensive? I do not want to ruin these pants...

Thanks for your input!

18. SartorialSol

SartorialSol Well-Known Member

Letting the crotch or seat area out for pants is less complicated and less expensive than tapering legs. Tapering legs is about $40-45 and letting a seat out is like $25. It all depends on if there is extra material in the crotch area. Post a pic of the inside of the pants in the crotch region and the experts here will let you know if there is extra material available to give you more room.

1 person likes this.
  19. jnhappy84

jnhappy84 Member

Thank you! I will take a bunch soon!

20. Hanza Murtaza

Hanza Murtaza Member

I've been looking to get a leather jacket for a while now and have just tried on a Coach leather jacket. Which size do you think looks better on me? I have also tried on a Schott and will put pics in there for comparison.

Size 44:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

layered with a hoodie:

[​IMG]

size 46:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Schott Leather jacket in comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please give your opinion on which one you think looks the best?