Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie through the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.
    Yes, I believe that's what you're seeing in each of these photos.

2. inverse

inverse New Member

found an old suit, hows the fit? [​IMG]

3. onix

onix Senior member

What knot is this? It's not FIH or double FIH. What is it?

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie throught the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.

double FIH

4. onix

onix Senior member

found an old suit, hows the fit?

[​IMG]

Looks good, try to have 3 roll 2 or 3 roll 2.5 instead of 3 button.

5. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

That's not because of the "big ass" (FYI, one can't work out to make one's ass bigger). It's because he has a small waist and that suit must have quite a lot of waist suppression, hence the bottom of the jacket "sits" on his waist -> the bottom flare out. He need to loose the waist out a bit.

Spoken like a true "Newb" to the gym

6. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

These were originally posted in WAYWRN thread:

I figured this would be the best place to ask this: What knot is this? It's not FIH or double FIH. What is it?

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie throught the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.

When I saw those pictures, I immediately focussed in on the tie. My exact thought was, "that's a sh*tty looking knot." Little did I know, your post was an inquiry about the knot type. PLEASE, don't use that knot.

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

When I saw those pictures, I immediately focussed in on the tie. My exact thought was, "that's a sh*tty looking knot." Little did I know, your post was an inquiry about the knot type. PLEASE, don't use that knot.

I happen to love that knot.

8. bob_loblaw

bob_loblaw Active Member

Does the King Edward unbuttoned bottom button rule apply to denim jackets?

9. onix

onix Senior member

Oh yes you can build up the glutes. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet46.htm Complaining about big butts are pretty common for guys that dead,squat instead of focussing on the mirror lifts like benching.
    Exercises make your glutes toner, reduce cellulite, reduce fat, never bigger. Want it to be bigger? eat more fat. Also, what the heck is "dead squat"? you mean dead lift? Dead lift pays more attention to hamstring than glute (since the weight is in front), unless you do those modified version that doesn't require you to go all the way down.
    Spoken like a true "Newb" to the gym
    Oh, stupid.

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Exercises make your glutes toner, reduce cellulite, reduce fat, never bigger. Want it to be bigger? eat more fat. Also, what the heck is "dead squat"? you mean dead lift? Dead lift pays more attention to hamstring than glute (since the weight is in front), unless you do those modified version that doesn't require you to go all the way down.

Oh, stupid.

Why wouldn't an excercise designed to target your glutes NOT build those muscles?

11. onix

onix Senior member

Why wouldn't an excercise designed to target your glutes NOT build those muscles?
    Simple explanation: you gain muscle mass, but lose fat. However, the amount of fat loss is most likely to be more than the muscle mass gain -> the butt actually gets slightly smaller. Now, technically, you can't do spot reduction. However, glute exercises are one of the more difficult one to get bigger muscle. So by the time you gain mass on your glute muscle, you lose a lot of fat too. Also note that fat and cellulite are mostly at the bottom part of your gluteus maximus muscle, when your butt muscle gets bigger, you lose fat -> the effect looks like the buttock gets lifted up -> exactly what most people want even though your butt never get "lifted". It just lose mass at the bottom, and gain mass at the top part.

12. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

That's like saying you can't build any other muscle up. Not to mention plenty of people are already low fat and don't have a lot of fat to lose.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/932...EC8AA369C8A9FE

That's not fat.

Then we get to the point that big butt is a relative term. If you drop fat you lose it all over. Your waist gets smaller. Making the butt relativing bigger. My hip to waist ratio is .66667 . My butt isn't even that big relative to others.

13. onix

onix Senior member

That's like saying you can't build any other muscle up. Not to mention plenty of people are already low fat and don't have a lot of fat to lose. http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/932...EC8AA369C8A9FE That's not fat. Then we get to the point that big butt is a relative term. If you drop fat you lose it all over. Your waist gets smaller. Making the butt relativing bigger. My hip to waist ratio is .66667 . My butt isn't even that big relative to others.
    There are only 2 groups of muscle that the more you exercise correctly and eat correctly, the smaller (but toner) they get: glute and abs. Why only these 2? They are the main areas where fat accumulated. Other muscle groups grow like normal. Also, can't see your link. PS: I will not continue arguing about this anymore. This is not a place.

14. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Does the King Edward unbuttoned bottom button rule apply to denim jackets?
    That rule does not apply to outerwear.

15. shonkee

shonkee New Member

Generally interested in the Suits etc thats he is seen wearing and who makes them, but of particular interest is the boxing 'Hoodie' etc. Anyone know a name of a distributor or any additional info ?

Many Thx