1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JonnyNickels

JonnyNickels Well-Known Member

Stupid size question on shoes :

I wear a 9.5/10 in G&G (the RLPL Narvells), usually a US 9.5 - would I be a 8.5 in C&J? Probably, right?

Depends on the C&J last. Not sure if this will help, but I am a US 10.5 (AE Park Ave/Fifth Ave/Alden Leydon Last) and I took a 9.5 on the 337 (Handgrade Audley). Like most good shoe makers, C&J lengths vary. According to other posts some C&J are American - .5 others are American - 1. English shoe buying can be an adventure. Best of luck!

2. enarchay

enarchay Senior Member

What brand/model loafers should I get? I'm looking for something for a more casual setting (i.e. with khakis or even jeans) that is at the same time appropriate for a more formal setting. I'd like to spend under $150, but I'd consider going up to $200.

By the way, how does this sound for starting a shoe collection? I currently have Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes in dark brown. I plan to buy a pair of loafers by summer. And then I can grab a pair of boots (e.g. Red Wings) for the fall. (I would grab a pair of desert boots but they don't fit due to my high instep.) Any other recommendations?

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Depends on the C&J last. Not sure if this will help, but I am a US 10.5 (AE Park Ave/Fifth Ave/Alden Leydon Last) and I took a 9.5 on the 337 (Handgrade Audley). Like most good shoe makers, C&J lengths vary. According to other posts some C&J are American - .5 others are American - 1. English shoe buying can be an adventure. Best of luck!

Thanks - its the Edgware on the 348 last.

4. muffe

muffe New Member

Ask A Question:Two cars started from the same point, at 5 am, traveling in opposite directions at 40 and 50 mph respectively. At what time will they be 450 miles apart?

Answer:? lol

Since they're going in opposite directions, every hour they gain 90 miles distance between each other.

50mph + 40mph = 90mph

450 miles divided by 90mph = 5 hours

Starting at 5am, 5 hours later will be 10am.

5. raags

raags Senior Member

[​IMG]

Found these for 20 bucks used on ebay, to buy or not to buy?

The size is fine, I think the broguing looks shoddy though? But I think that might be because of the flash / shit photo quality.

Thoughts? Fast would be appreciated as the auction ends soon.

6. onix

onix Distinguished Member

^ Sole condition? Brand? $20 seems like a good deal

7. Trungtastic

Trungtastic Senior Member

What's a decently slim navy blazer that can be had for around $150~ish? I'm not expecting quality for that price but a decent fit would be nice. No uniqlo or h&m around here unfortunately.

8. enarchay

enarchay Senior Member

What's a decently slim navy blazer that can be had for around $150~ish? I'm not expecting quality for that price but a decent fit would be nice. No uniqlo or h&m around here unfortunately.

Not sure if it's slim fit, but Anderson-Little is supposed to be really nice in that price range. http://andersonlittle.com/

9. daruma

daruma Senior Member

my friend has a suit which fits him pretty perfectly and though he's short at 5'5, he's an athelete and wanted the suit to end just above the ass. the suit fits him great but since he works out often he has a big ass and the suits vent kind of flares out sort of like this

...\\ <---- upper back
    ....\\
    .....\\ <---- waist
    ...../
    ..../ <--- ass

any solution to this?

10. onix

onix Distinguished Member

my friend has a suit which fits him pretty perfectly and though he's short at 5'5, he's an athelete and wanted the suit to end just above the ass. the suit fits him great but since he works out often he has a big ass and the suits vent kind of flares out sort of like this

...\\ <---- upper back
    ....\\
    .....\\ <---- waist
    ...../
    ..../ <--- ass

any solution to this?

That's not because of the "big ass" (FYI, one can't work out to make one's ass bigger). It's because he has a small waist and that suit must have quite a lot of waist suppression, hence the bottom of the jacket "sits" on his waist -> the bottom flare out. He need to loose the waist out a bit.

11. Nicola

Nicola Distinguished Member

12. JonnyNickels

JonnyNickels Well-Known Member

Thanks - its the Edgware on the 348 last.

I don't own a 348, but it is elongated like the 337 but clearly with a more defined chiseld toe. From what I've read, it's not quite as roomy as the 337 so, depending on the shape of your foot you may only need to go a half size down.

Here's a good post on AAAC that may help:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...Fit-Compendium

13. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

...\\ <---- upper back
    ....\\
    .....\\ <---- waist
    ...../
    ..../ <--- ass

any solution to this?

[​IMG] [​IMG] greatest fit pic ever.

14. Dreamlol

Dreamlol Member

I have a sportcoat that fits well, but the sleeves are baggy, is there any possible fix for it?

15. Bravo340

Bravo340 Active Member

These were originally posted in WAYWRN thread:

Diggin' the light in my new office/area [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I figured this would be the best place to ask this: What knot is this? It's not FIH or double FIH. What is it?

Wait, is it the double FIH, but they pull the tie throught the first loop (that's why we can see a bit of that first loop)? I hope someone understands what I mean.