Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Thanks, figured the shirt would be best by itself, but thought I'd try something with it for the heck of it.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

So what's going on here and what needs to be done to fix it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're tie is too thick for the lapels of the suit, the tie knot is too big, you should be using a four-in-hand knot. Also, the suit in general is too big, it is hanging over your shoulders and there is ridiculous gaping at the neck between the lapels and your shirt collar.

3. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

Thanks, figured the shirt would be best by itself, but thought I'd try something with it for the heck of it.

Oops sorry - I need to learn to read! Somehow missed the "casual shirt" above the picture. I think it's fine material for a casual shirt.

As for the shirt and tie combo, too much going on. Plus, that shirt really is not meant to be worn with a tie (in my opinion.)

EZ

4. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Oops sorry - I need to learn to read! Somehow missed the "casual shirt" above the picture. I think it's fine material for a casual shirt.

As for the shirt and tie combo, too much going on. Plus, that shirt really is not meant to be worn with a tie (in my opinion.)

EZ

Actually, I think we have 3 people cross commenting on two different posts. [​IMG]

5. tsmurfenator

tsmurfenator Active Member

Is white shirt (OCBD) with khakis - with brown shoes/belt (no jacket/tie), a good combination for a pale blonde guy?

White OCBD seems awesome in theory, but always seem utterly boring and lacking color, and I can't find anything to match it with.
    What to pair it with to make it more interesting?
    Is it possible white is just not my color? I absolutely adore blue OCBD's for what it's worth.

6. steriletom

steriletom Member

Actually, I was just asking about the gap between the lapel and the shirt collar and what the cause would be. The shoulders are fine, the suit is not too big, and the tie was just thrown on quickly for the picture.

7. patrickBOOTH

There are three causes, the suit is a chest size, or two too big, the sleeve pitch is not correct for your body type, and/or the armhole is too large. Two of these could be corrected by getting a size smaller probably.

8. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

Out of curiosity, when is contrast stitching appropriate? I assume it's more of a blazer/sportcoat thing, but even so it seems very rare nowadays.

9. patrickBOOTH

I would say for odd jackets, or for a more casual setting. Contrast stitching is a bit fashiony.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Why .......us? I just checked and shoes.us is available. You're seriously hurting your image by proclaiming yourself second best off the bat.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

What's the word on an "orphaned" suit jacket? I recently bought a Jil Sander suit from the recent Gilt sale, they sent me a blazer with... no pants. They've offered to let me keep the blazer at a very, very good price, but there's no point in me doing so if I can't use it in a semi-conservative office environment (Japanese prefectural government office). This is my first job where I need to dress appropriately for work, so I'm a bit clueless. The jacket has very faint pinstripes, which leads me to believe this may be somewhat difficult, but could I pair this with black/dark charcoal gray pants? Here I am with a pair of dark gray pants, ignore the fact that the jacket hasn't been tailored and the shirt/pants are a little messy, more interested in the combination. [​IMG] Thanks for any help!

12. MrChubbyMcLard

MrChubbyMcLard Member

Ask A Question:Two cars started from the same point, at 5 am, traveling in opposite directions at 40 and 50 mph respectively. At what time will they be 450 miles apart?

Answer:? lol

13. emc894

emc894 Senior member

How long does it typically take Geneva to make shirts for a new customer? I would call but I am in Zurich.

14. JonnyNickels

JonnyNickels Well-Known Member

This fabric for a casual shirt...

[​IMG]

yay or nay?

Nay. Looks like PJs.

15. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Do you guys have any idea how big the approximate length-difference between a dress shoe ( N.D.C., to be exact... ) in let's just say 43.5 and 44 is ? Probably difficult to generalize, huh ?