• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoopoker, depends on the C$J last. I size down one on the 337.

andr3pwd

Reaction score
reposting hoping someone answers
Originally Posted by andr3pwd
I am going to order shoes from the UK (probably Pediwear), I am in the US. What is the process/costs for duties? Do you get a bill from US customs or do you get a notice from the shipper? Is it hit or miss that one pays duties?

Thanks

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a question: How do I get back all the changes I spent the better part of today making to some Visio diagrams in preparation for a meeting tomorrow morning, then lost because of a freakin' OLE snafu?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

runner-guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Overall actually looks pretty good, though I'm not a suit expert... Does seem like a rather low price, so I'm not sure myself if I'm missing something. check with tools like toolhaus.org for all neg feedback.
I don't know Canali too well, but I do know that they generally fit rather soft and oversized, like best for middle-aged large bellied desk sitting pencil pushers. The 1300 series body as indicated by the tag is the "least slim" of thier line. 1400+ higher apparently get progressively slimmer.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I'm gonna do it if it is their least slim line.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Yeah, I've got a question: How do I get back all the changes I spent the better part of today making to some Visio diagrams in preparation for a meeting tomorrow morning, then lost because of a freakin' OLE snafu?

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

I think you have Style Forum confused with the Visio Forums.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's lots of info here if you do a search in Men's Clothing on "customs duties shoes" or something to that effect.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You probably won't pay any customs fees from ordering from Pediwear.

There is a slight chance though. In which case, customs will not only make you pay the fee for the shoes, but also a pretty sizable fee for trying to sneak that **** through (think thousands of dollars). It'll also get put onto you as a minor misdemeanor. No jail time as long as you're clean before, but puts it on your record, which means longer jail times and bigger fines for other crimes you'll do in the future.

andr3pwd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
You probably won't pay any customs fees from ordering from Pediwear. There is a slight chance though. In which case, customs will not only make you pay the fee for the shoes, but also a pretty sizable fee for trying to sneak that **** through (think thousands of dollars). It'll also get put onto you as a minor misdemeanor. No jail time as long as you're clean before, but puts it on your record, which means longer jail times and bigger fines for other crimes you'll do in the future.
how can it be sneaking if the value is plainly described in the description? Seems you are either trolling or not misunderstood my question. I'll pay duties if asked but hell, I don't want to invite it nor pay some ludicrous UPS/DHL handling fee.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^ For a suit?!! No! A casual shirt? Sportcoat? What are you considering?

EZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads