Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Source for cheap slim knit ties? Is $30 tangible? Much obliged.

2. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Source for cheap slim knit ties? Is $30 tangible? Much obliged.

ties2pillows.com has a bunch of vintage ones for that range or less if youre not looking for something too specific. they always have a few cool ones but the guy updates the site a lot. i usually always find something i like

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

ties2pillows.com has a bunch of vintage ones for that range or less if youre not looking for something too specific. they always have a few cool ones but the guy updates the site a lot. i usually always find something i like
    Thanks. [​IMG] Nothing too fancy, just navy or black, maybe some with contrasting horizontal stripes.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

I am going to make my way over to Beckenstein's Fabrics in Manhattan later this week to pick up some shirting cloth. I am getting some basic OCBDs made. These will be my wear every day to work shirts, so I want something middle of the road - reasonably comfortable and durable without being super expensive. Does anyone have a recommendation or words of advice? It's my first time with dealing with this stuff.

5. dispute

dispute Member

Hi guys, had a situation come up on the weekend where my neighbor was moving out because she had a bad break up with her husband and wanted to start a new life. Lucky me I was home at the time because she gave me a few suit cases full of his stuff because she did not want to be reminded of him. Open the suit cases and scored a Hugo Boss suit (fits like a dream) along with a Hugo Boss tie, Gant jacket and a few belts. 2 items I was wondering if you could help me with is this Louis Vuitton wallet. Is there any way to know if it is real? [​IMG] Click here for the full 480x640 image. [​IMG] Click here for the full 640x480 image. And also these reading glasses. They say blue eagle on them [​IMG] Click here for the full 1600x1200 image. [​IMG] Click here for the full 1600x1200 image. [​IMG] Click here for the full 1600x1200 image. Thanks for any help you can give.

6. finchy

finchy New Member

I lost this jacket recently. its not particularly pretty but it had some sentimental value. i found it in my dad's wardrobe a few years ago. the thing is i have no idea what brand it is. anyone have any idea? trying to find another one online.

[​IMG]

7. ironduke

ironduke Senior member

If I wear UK 10 on Converse high top, what size of general English oxford shoes should I wear?

8. binge

binge Senior member

If I wear UK 10 on Converse high top, what size of general English oxford shoes should I wear?

Probably somewhere between UK 9-11. Go to a place that sells dress shoes and try some on.

9. modsquad

modsquad Senior member

Anybody know a good leather repair place in or near Washington DC? I put a rip in the shoulder of my leather jacket by catching it on the car door and need to get it fixed.

Thanks.

10. mfais

mfais Senior member

can someone pls educate me on what shoe lasts are? is it the different models of the shoes? the shape?

11. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

can someone pls educate me on what shoe lasts are? is it the different models of the shoes? the shape?

the short answer is that its the shape of the shoe viewed from multiple angles (overhead, etc) but it has a lot to do with the way the leather fits your foot

12. ajv

ajv Senior member

A seemingly stupid question i could ask my taylor but i am ashamed to ask him :

is it possible to alter a DB sport jacket into a straight 2 or 3 button ?

I would assume that the answer is yes, but is it worth it, money wise ?

13. binge

binge Senior member

I can't imagine this is feasible, let alone cost-effective.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

you cannot do this.

15. ajv

ajv Senior member

binge and sho'nuff

thank you for your answers.................