Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Where is a good place to buy Tricker's in the US?

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

2 questions:

1. Charcoal suit, black captoes; what color socks? (interview/business setting)

2. Where can I find a crisp white pocket square to be worn with poplin shirts? All I can find are linen pocket squares. Or are they all supposed to be linen?

For conservative business dress, socks should match trousers. White pocket squares are generally linen rather than cotton.

3. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

For conservative business dress, socks should match trousers. White pocket squares are generally linen rather than cotton.

When you say "match" do you mean exactly? Because I thought (possibly incorrectly) socks were supposed to be a little darker than the trousers, which in the case of dark charcoal trousers would mean the socks more or less have to be black, thereby matching the shoes more so than the trousers. Maybe Im just over-thinking it.

I didnt know that about pocket squares. They always look like cotton in pictures.

4. TheBlackBruceWayne

TheBlackBruceWayne Senior member

thinking of getting the Loake Blackfriar double monks from pediwear

i live in the US so i just want to make sure everything is perfect because i can't send them back

1. i dont own a pair of brown shoes...should i get the brown option, or wait until i purchase another shoe as my 1st pair of brown shoes?

2. i've heard they run a bit big, would it be wise to downsize by 1/2?

5. dah328

dah328 Senior member

When you say "match" do you mean exactly? Because I thought (possibly incorrectly) socks were supposed to be a little darker than the trousers, which in the case of dark charcoal trousers would mean the socks more or less have to be black, thereby matching the shoes more so than the trousers. Maybe Im just over-thinking it.

I didnt know that about pocket squares. They always look like cotton in pictures.

Going a shade darker with the socks is probably fine but that doesn't have anything to do with the color of the shoes.

6. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

Does anyone know who makes Mastai Ferretti trousers? I am aware the shirts are made by the Truzzi group.

7. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

thinking of getting the Loake Blackfriar double monks from pediwear

i live in the US so i just want to make sure everything is perfect because i can't send them back

1. i dont own a pair of brown shoes...should i get the brown option, or wait until i purchase another shoe as my 1st pair of brown shoes?

2. i've heard they run a bit big, would it be wise to downsize by 1/2?

Email pediwear. They will help you choose the right size.

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Found this Canali on ebay. The picture and words on the ad are from Nordstrom. What do you guys think? Could this be a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It looks real, but read his feedback and not just the negatives.
    He has positive feedback that say:
    "Had been worn, not NIB", "Seller responded, resolved issue.", "shirt had a sticker on it. sun had bleached the shirt except behind sticker",...

10. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

It looks real, but read his feedback and not just the negatives. He has positive feedback that say: "Had been worn, not NIB", "Seller responded, resolved issue.", "shirt had a sticker on it. sun had bleached the shirt except behind sticker",...
    Feedback doesn't seem too bad overall. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this. Is this the more relaxed fit model for Canali? I really don't want anything too boxy.

11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Yay or nay? [​IMG]

12. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Yay on the shoe, yay on the briefcase.

Which one are we talking about? If you're asking if they match, don't worry about it. Matching everything too perfectly is the hallmark of a freak.

13. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

I am thinking of a pair of Loro Piana Raspberry Cotton Pants, but is raspberry a color that works for a guy? I assume color wise, it would go best with grey. Certainly pink pants wouldn't be my cup of tea, even though pink shirts are fine. Thanks

14. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I am thinking of a pair of Loro Piana Raspberry Cotton Pants, but is raspberry a color that works for a guy? I assume color wise, it would go best with grey. Certainly pink pants wouldn't be my cup of tea, even though pink shirts are fine. Thanks
    If you have to ask, no.

15. andr3pwd

andr3pwd Senior member

Tried search and didn't find answer. Hopefully these are simple questions:

I am going to order shoes from the UK (probably Pediwear), I am in the US. What is the process/costs for duties? Do you get a bill from US customs or do you get a notice from the shipper? Is it hit or miss that one pays duties?

Thanks