1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Ruggerree

Ruggerree Member

You´re sure? I checked both- they do look quite alike. Well, anyway still trying to figure out the denim shirt. Any clues on that?
    Cheers!

2. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

3. Ruggerree

Ruggerree Member

Many sunglasses (or glasses of any kind) tend to have unlevelled arms because of wear, tear or transport! You can adjust them by carefully bending ist to customize the fit to your head. but be careful: the cheaper ones can easily break. For the same look but with a bit more quality opt for the randolph engineering ones.

4. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

My RE ones are great. I have gold with brown polarized lenses. I recently cracked one of the lenses and mailed them to RE and they replaced and sent them back for no charge. Don't know if this is the norm though.

5. AndrewF

AndrewF New Member

Quick question regarding cloth.
    I saw two images of Zegna cloth from their 2015 spring/summer collection that I liked very much. (numbers 62001 and 62006)
    I have been told Zegna is sold out in Italy and that the wholesaler in the US has none left.
    How does one go about finding a fabric if the factory is sold out? Is it possible? I am looking for 2.5 meters of each...
    How do I ensure that I get to see--on line preferred--images of the limited run cloth from my favorite designers?

Many thanks,
    Andrew

6. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

I personally wouldn't with a formal double breasted, but these will work with a suit like linen.

1 person likes this.
  7. turkoftheplains

turkoftheplains Senior member

Fred Astaire and his grey flannel double-breasteds beg to differ.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wouldn't do it with a worsted DB, though.

1 person likes this.
  8. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

That's what I meant by formal.

9. San780

San780 Senior member

Gentlemen,

I'd like to solicit your opinion regarding a CARUSO Sportcoat I've just picked up. Trying to make up my mind if I should keep it or not.

The fit is terrific as one can expect from Caruso. The material is 55% silk and 45% wool and the cloth has a houndstooth pattern (pied-de-poule).

Because of the silk in the material, it shines a bit. Not a lot but it still shines; which can be expected from a silk wool blend.

I'm just wondering if it looks too sleazy because of the silk shine? And no, I'm not a lounge singer. I just want to wear it in the evenings with beige or khaki chinos.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

[​IMG]

10. jamesmkeart

jamesmkeart Senior member

I thrifted this Brioni polo. It says xl but is tiny on me. Is it fake or do they just make really small sizes in Europe?[​IMG]

11. jamesmkeart

12. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

13. jamesmkeart

Thanks. I normally wear a large and this barely reached my pants

14. cakv

cakv Senior member

Guys, are there any tie colors that don't go with a charcoal suit?

2nd question: I'm going to wear an end-on-end dress shirt very close in color to this:
    [​IMG]

Requesting suggestions for tie colors.

15. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Occasion?

16. turkoftheplains

turkoftheplains Senior member

Does anyone have a source for well-made (and preferably OTC) discreetly-patterned socks? I'm looking for something along the lines of tasteful clocking or a herringbone pattern, that would wear will with worsted wool or flannel odd trousers.

17. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

I'm a 9E in AE's 65 last (Park Ave). I need to buy some black cap toe Balmorals, but I'm not sure what other brands I should look for because of my flat arch. Should I just grab the Park Ave or are there other lasts by other brands I should look for that are known to be equivalent to that size?

I'd really like to grab something from the classifieds here that are higher quality, but without being able to try them on, I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't fit.

18. cakv

cakv Senior member

Just a business event. CBD.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  19. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

In that case, I'd say go with navy blue solid if you've got one. White square. Solid black tie would be fine as well. Wouldn't stray too far form the solid, somber colors though.

20. cakv

cakv Senior member

Got it. It may be a bit more lax than that. I also have Navy with cream polka dot, solid burgundy wool, solid brown wool, midnight navy with red polka dots.

I'm going to change into a white shirt in the evening and wear a houndstooth tie. Do blue shirts pair poorly with black/white houndstooth ties?

What's the diff in nomenclature of these two patterns?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One is houndstooth but what's the other one?