1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

As soon as you put on the other shoe, it's going to crease. you're going to be hard pressed to find a shoe from a department store that hasn't been tried on at some point. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like your shoes are never going to have creases in them.

2. Bglass

Bglass New Member

Perfect, thank you. That's the direction I was leaning in. I hadn't encountered this before and thought I'd ask the experts,.

3. DavidFin

DavidFin Active Member

@southbound35 You can check out our grenadines on our website we have 4 different navy options.. FREE SHIPPING included. feel free to reach out directly if you need one expedited.

Hope this helps

David
    www.davidfin.com

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. Jloo96

Jloo96 New Member

Hi there, was just wondering what kind of suit I should by as a first suit? I'm thinking a navy blue or light gray. Its not for business just for looking smart, any help would be appreciated.

5. DavidFin

DavidFin Active Member

@Jloo96 can never go wrong with a navy blue suit it's so versatile and can be worn year round. You can dress it up or down. Go navy for #1

6. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

7. upcoming

upcoming Well-Known Member

I've had this shirt darted and it fits perfectly in the waist. I've also had the arms shortened. But, I can't help thinking the arms are too baggy. Should I get the arms "thinned" as my alterations tailor likes to say or do they look okay? Please bear in mind I'm not looking for a skin tight fit shirt as I'm already very slim.

[​IMG]

8. MarkyB

MarkyB Active Member

I have a pair of Loake 1880's in a tan double monk - they're awesome. More of a casual shoe... excellent for going sockless in the summer with a higher hemmed pair of linen pants or whatnot... but I still wear them in the winter with greys mostly and get lots of compliments.

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I think you should have the arms cut off. That's the only way they'll be slim enough.

1 person likes this.
  10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

The fuck is wrong with you.

2 people like this.
  11. LeatherBoot

LeatherBoot Senior member

I really like the look of Zonkey Boot's Jodhpurs but I wear rather slim pants and I wonder if this would cause a problem where the top of the boot may be visible under the pant leg?

I don't wear chelsea boots because the elastic makes the boot too wide above the ankle but derby boots like the Edward Green Galway work fine.

12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

He's a troll, brah.

13. bradp

bradp Senior member

^^a tenacious little pest. 64 posts, all spam

14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

So when does it become appropriate to ban someone around here?

2 people like this.
  15. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

This isn't going to answer your question at all, but I don't know that I would trust a guide that instructs anybody to use "plenty of polish." General consensus seems to be to use relatively small amounts.

16. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

upcoming, I have taken the liberty of creating a new thread in this forum. "upcoming Asks You About His Shirt," is a thread where you can ask as many questions as you like regarding the fit of your shirt. No other topics of conversation will be permitted there.

You're welcome.

5 people like this.
  17. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

Hi,
    I would like to buy a tie with a flowery - if that's the adequate term - printed pattern similar to what Drakes, Shibumi offer but around £40~50 ? Or am I just being delusional ?
    [​IMG]

18. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  19. TheYahwist

TheYahwist New Member

Hello all,

I've been looking to purchase a leather messenger bag or satchel for some time now. I will be using it to carry around a laptop and school books, so it needs to be quite roomy. I want it to look elegant and be able to use it in a business setting but not too formal and with a bit of flair. I am in my twenties. What do you guys think of this Burberry Prorsum Everyday Satchel. It comes with a shoulder strap aswell.

[​IMG]
    http://uk.burberry.com/the-everyday...dium=affiliate&utm_campaign=affiliate ongoing

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  20. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

There is a large choice of ties on that website, and the width (3 1/4 in) is what I was looking for.
    I learnt a new word for the patterns then.
    Thank you kindly !

1 person likes this.