1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. azumi

azumi Senior member

Suitsupply or Benjamin suit. I see that they usually provide suits size 34.

2. clydu91

clydu91 Member

So, I found out that the boots I posted earlier are on a site that doesn't ship internationally unfortunately. Do you know where I could find them on a site that does ? They're pretty hard to get for a foreign man.

Thanks.

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

No. I wear the same size, with correct fit.

4. clydu91

clydu91 Member

Oh, I see.

And do you know anything about :

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member

Here is a quick infographic with some basic starter points. Hope it's not too late.

[​IMG]

6. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  7. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

.Hi long time lurker first time poster here,

I was wondering if it would be possible to find a Full canvassed suit OTR for under $1,000. As all I have right now is half(4 suits total-I'm looking to add to my collection) and I'm a budget since I'm working my first job out of college.

So far the only places I've seen that offer full canvas suits in that category are the online Made to Measure places(which I'm wary of) and Suit Supply(I'm not crazy about the S150's wool used for their top line though).

I know Nordstrom, Saks, etc carry Samuelsohn which is just over a thousand as the cheapest ones I've seen. However, the sizes these places and others carry don't work for me with the fits they have available.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any fully canvassed OTR brands for under $1,000? And where I could find them.

Thanks!

8. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

SuitSupply use a wide variety of different fabrics from several top mills. I can't imagine you dislike all of them, really?

9. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

went and got some alterations done at a dry cleaner. they are FAIRLY well respected for their work and in my area (NYC suburbs) either you pay an arm and a leg for a dedicated tailor or you get a decent place like this one to do it for cheaper.

anyyyhow, i have had stuff done by them before and been happy. was in a rush the other day and picked up a shirt i had taken in. didn't have time to try it on until today, at work. it still fits baggy and almost seems like very little, if anything, was actually done.

do i have a leg to stand on here as far as bringing it back and asking them to do more work to it? will they charge me AGAIN for more alterations?

10. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

I think it entirely depends on their attitude about it. Worth a shot though. Bring in the tags with you.

Let this be a lesson to always try things on at the tailor. In my most recent trip I found the sleeve still tacked and part of a coat tail still opened up. Glad I tried it on there and gave them a once-over.

11. Georg Geladaris

Georg Geladaris New Member

Hello folks,

I should probably apologize for asking this, but I am going to invest into a good suite and some good shoes, belt and shirts and want to know, if Converse All Stars High in NavyBlue are acceptable shoes for casual or busines casual events.

I like the feeling of staying and showing young, but on the other side I am a noob in regards to style and fashion. Therefore I would be glad if you could give me any recommendations in regard to wearing Converse Sneakers with Suits.

When does it pass, when doesn't it or why shouldn't I combine them at all?

George

12. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

No I don't dislike all of them at all.

I just hear that S.150's wool while luxurious tends to be very fragile and wear out quickly.

I want a suit that I could wear/rotate often not one that you can ony wear a few times per year as is the case I hear w/S.150's suits.

13. bbhues

bbhues Well-Known Member

Do leather buttons work on a tweed suit, or are they reserved only for sport coats? Are horn buttons more acceptable?

14. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

hey guys, im looking for online stores to buy suits... specifically im looking for RLBL and caruso. I have exhausted ebay/eharberdashard/malford/yoox and would love osme suggestions on where I can buy a nice navy suit online...

Thanks for helping

15. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

Leather buttons are great on a tweed suit. Horn will be more versatile in general (and more acceptable in an office environment), but if you want to get closer to the English country suit look leather is your best choice.

16. bradp

bradp Senior member

Just received an o'connell's ocbd in the mail. I noticed that the tissue paper backing said "gitman gold master shirtmakers."

Does this mean it's a gitman ocbd w/ o'connell's label sewn on? Or relatedly, does o'connell's contract with gitman to produce a shirt to o'connell's specs?

Very interested to know how this all works.

17. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior member

Hey guys, would you mind giving me your opinion on this Shetland sweater? I'm happy with the fit but I'm concerned about the sleeve length. I've been told I can stretch the sleeves out if needed. What do you think?[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

I'd say the second one. Dark enough to contrast the blue but in a good brown shade to play off the other two pair.

1 person likes this.
  19. bradp

bradp Senior member

@Mr Sola looks good to me. plus if you size up just to achieve a longer sleeve, you'll also be sizing up in the body, which is not worth it given how well that fits.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014