1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I have a thrifted pair of fifth avenues and LOVE them. Great shoes.

If it's a reasonably relaxed crowd, I can't see the harm.

2. bradp

bradp Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Topys can be good for traction or weird delicate soles that you want to take extra care of. Frye boots are meant to be worn and JFC they're shoes… of course the soles will get scratched and discolored. Carry on.

4. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

Like I said...they're my first pair of boots with a leather sole. I don't know much about them, or a topy for them. I was more concerned about the scratched sole somehow preventing a topy from being added more so than the actual wear.

But thanks anyway.

5. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

6. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

I think everything matches well enough that it's OK. I'd wear it to a casual reception or the like.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

8. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Yes. Way too much going on.

I'm not a big blue on blue on blue on blue fan. But, even if there were some non-blue relief, that would still be quite busy. I think the most offensive part is the matchy-matchy tie and suspenders. I also don't think that shirt, with two pockets, lends itself well to a tie and suspenders. I don't have an issue with any of the pieces individually (I could see myself wearing each of them as parts of different outfits), but together they're a hot mess.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  9. Stew3434

Stew3434 New Member

I need some help on getting the right size for a leather jacket. I'm looking at a Schott bomber jacket and I'm confused on what size I should get. I've read a few times now that if I have a 44" chest I should get a 50" chest for a jacket. But that seems really big to me, but then again I'm a huge noob when it comes to all this. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.

My measurements are:
    Chest 44"
    Waist 36"
    Shoulders 21"
    Arms 25"

I don't know if you need any measurements other than that. I'm looking at some vintage ones right now so I'm not placing an order to my size or anything and need to know which ones would fit well. Thank you for any help!

10. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Depends. Does part of your job involve you and a dozen or so co-workers climbing out of a tiny car?

11. killedbydeath

killedbydeath New Member

Anyone have any experience with Rag and Bone Classic Fit wool suit? I found a new one that fits well and quality seems really nice. It retails for like $1200 and this thing is about $200. I have no experience with Rag and Bone at all. I would never consider dropping this kind of money on a suit that wasn't custom or from something established in that space. But for the price... might be worth it.

12. Calculon88

Calculon88 Member

If my dress belt is too long for my waist and the end of the strap hangs in the air after the buckle, what can I do to secure the end and it keep it from hanging? Is there a clip that I can use that doesn't look noticeable?

My dress slacks are a size 38 but when I began to put on weight the size 38 belt was uncomfortable to put on. When I changed to a size 40, there was extra space at the end.

13. Valproate

Valproate Senior member

I'm going to a cocktail party, and am wondering if it is okay to wear a charcoal flannel suit.

Thanks!

14. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Sounds a bit staid for a cocktail party.

15. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Probably not the most appropriate but probably also acceptable.

16. Feryll

Feryll Well-Known Member

Which is the most versatile herrington jacket color ? Is it navy or khaki ?

17. hantwo

hantwo Member

Dear all.. I am new here. I have s suits here tailor-made. Is there something wrong with it? Appreciate comments and advice, thanks [​IMG][/IMG]

18. hantwo

hantwo Member

19. hantwo

hantwo Member

20. jimmycth

jimmycth Active Member

I've recently bought a length of cloth which reads "Trisco Mohair" on the edge. I've done some search online and find no information about Trisco. What actually is Trisco?