1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

Just do plain white.

2. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Where can I get dress belts in small sizes? I typically wear around 27-28 pants. I usually end up on the second to last or last hole on size 30 belts after they stretch from wear.

3. facet

facet Senior member

You can try Narragansett leathers as they'll make them to your specs. I just ordered one and waiting on it right now, but reviews I read seemed pretty positive.

4. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

They look nice, but I wouldn't say any of them are really dress belts.

5. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Do you gents know the steps it will take to delete one's profile and posts on here, or who the right person to contact is?

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What did we do to you?

7. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Meaning no offense, but perhaps the Boys' or Ladies' department at some retailers?

Or maybe you could buy a somewhat longer belt and have it cut down.

Me, I wore a Beltmaster dress strap (no holes) today. But I don't know what Beltmaster's minimum size is (and I'm sure no 27-28", myself).

8. rms340

rms340 Senior member

Check out Lord & Taylor boys section.

9. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

surprised nobody's already mentioned Equus Leather, one of the SF affiliate vendors. You can customize length. I have three of their belts and am very happy with them.

10. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Quite a few London establishments provide extra trousers with their suits - Ede & Ravenscroft for example.

11. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

No offense taken, I will definitely check out some department stores.

This looks perfect, except none of them have the aesthetic that I want other than the lined and raised calf leather belt which is a bit out of my price range. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

12. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Uncreased wool trousers don't work well. They can be part of a pure-D, true English country look -- literal "shooting at things from horses" territory, and not really applicable beyond that. Or, they can be an old-timey laborer's look, but really? Don't be that guy.

So, they're not really traditional. And I don't like them, either.

13. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

In that case an alternative is to have your existing belt shortened, ideally from the buckle end.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Is it ever okay to wear a yellow cashmere v-neck sweater? Something such as this shade...obviously a lacuna in my collection:

[​IMG]

(Or am I suffering from early onset seasonal affective disorder!!)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  15. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I think it'd be fine with cream chinos chinos and a light blue shirt in a very summery sense. Or layered under darker colours for a spot of colour - why not?

16. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I have a brooks brothers extra slim fit shirt and a slim burberry tie. I use a four in hand knot and what I've noticed is that directly below where the knot is the tie does not cover the middle part of the shirt completely (placket). Is this okay? Seems like there is no way a slim tie + slim knot would cover it.

17. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

My first thought is "Oy, that's bright" but my next one is "I like it". I think you could pair it with some darker blues and browns and it would be great for fall.

18. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

For some reason, I feel exactly the same way.

19. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

I want a yellow v-neck. More of a yellow oxford/lemon sorbet color than that, though.

But yeah, if you look good in that color. I'd stick to, say, a white OCBD and cream, tan, or khaki cords. Maybe a tatersall shirt could work, as could the right jeans.

20. Bungle

Bungle Member

I've got a spring wedding tomorrow (I'm in Australia) and I'd like to go a bit out of my comfort zone and wear a pink shirt (instead of white or pale blue) with a navy knitted tie.

http://i.imgur.com/yndkdAS.jpg