1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

Ebay is a good place too once you get a little more familiar with the brands, styles, etc. You can search this site for most any brand and use it as a reference guide of sorts (my go-to).

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Ha! That's the other one I was going to suggest but left out!

3. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike!

Do you also find these as appealing as I do?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. IAmCaulfield

IAmCaulfield Member

And that is what says the most about your awful personality. Feel free to not comment on the subject anymore. You're sort of an asshole.

5. IAmCaulfield

IAmCaulfield Member

Thanks for being constructive. I've been looking at the tie bar. I think I'm going to go with a bow tie so theirs even less color to deal with.

6. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

While I truly don't disagree with you about the look in question, many men would be willing to wear an ugly outfit in order to support a close friend or relative at his wedding.

After all, over the years countless women have put up with wearing hideous bridesmaids' dresses.

But I agree that politely declining an invitation to be included in the wedding party is always an option. I don't know that I'd do so out of distaste for the clothing, but I nearly did so once because I truly thought the marriage was a disaster in the making (for reasons not worth discussing here). Fortunately, in that case, the wedding wound up being called off.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

This is getting worse.
    A pocket square WITHOUT a jacket? Where on earth do you put the pocket square?
    And a bow tie?

All the humanity!!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  8. Kira

Kira Senior member

Just let him go. Anyone with a sense of taste will subject him into opprobrium at the wedding.

1 person likes this.
  9. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Because "good taste" is a synonym for "rude to people at social events."

1 person likes this.
  10. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

To be honest, I had to look that one up.

2 people like this.
  11. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Agreed. After all, who doesn't have an old prom or wedding pic or two featuring a light brown tux, chocolate brown lapel trim, yellow ruffled shirt, and matching yellow rose in a photo album somewhere. (Ahem)

Sometimes you simply have to grit your teeth, smile, and accept the honor of being invited to take part in something important to your friend or relative. Years later you can share a laugh together.

Or a wince.

12. Kira

Kira Senior member

I wouldn't do that, but from personal experience, it wasn't fun being the center of attention (for the wrong reasons).

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Recently saw this in C21

[​IMG]

Any info?

Thanks

14. Charde

Charde New Member

Hey guys!

[​IMG]

I got this Acne knitted sweater about a year ago. My problem is, the neck opening has widened so it's almost as wide as a scoop neck jumper now.

Do you have any recommendations for what to wear under this kind of neck jumper? Shirt doesn't look to good.

Anybody with experience of letting your tailor do alterations of a knitted sweater? My guess is it would be pretty expensive.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  15. mimo

mimo Senior member

Use it for digging the garden and replace it with a nice tweed jacket. That won't let you down.

16. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

"KEEP THE QUALITY UP," and "PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A..," and "INTEGRITY HONOR TRADITION."

Almost seems like HF is trying too hard with this label. True quality can afford to speak softly; it needn't shout.

17. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Looks like cotton. Have you tried washing it? Stretched out sweaters often reset after a wash.

18. single origin

single origin Senior member

Any recommendations for a decent quality winter coat for around $400? In search of something clean and minimalist styling like APC raglan mac or COS wool coat (not sure about it's quality/construction)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  19. StephenB

StephenB Senior member

I dont have this overcoat but I do have the cashmere version. If this wool one is even half as nice as the cashmere one it will be worth the price.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/grey-overcoat/J247.html?start=21&cgid=Coats

20. Carson

Carson Senior member

To Keep or To Sell??: Alden x Epaulet Indy Boot in brown CXL

I recently purchased an Alden Indy boot make up in brown CXL, but I am having second thoughts, having worn it just once now. It seems most of the CXL boots I see around look pretty beat to hell after just a few months wear, due to the nature of CXL being pretty soft and all, and developing lots of creasing. That would be fine if I picked up a pair of "on sale" 1000 mile boots for $250 or something, but having just dropped $575 for this special make up, I am wondering whether that was a mistake. I know CXL is very trendy right now, but again, I am feeling like I just paid too much money for a boot that is lost [​IMG]

somewhere in between a dress boot and a work boot, love Indy as I do….

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014