Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. binge

binge Senior member

last week I posted me wearing a khaki blazer and am wondering if a tailor can make this work. it's a helmut lang, my vested interest being, it was expensive and is decent quality. here a pics, more can be taken tomorrow if needed. thanks!

That thing is 2-3 sizes too big for you. You can roll the dice with a tailor ripping it entirely apart, cutting it down, and re-assembling -- chance of success slim to none. Or return this and start with something a lot closer to a decent fit.

2. gordon jraber

gordon jraber Well-Known Member

im looking for a slim trouser, specifically from brooks bros.

the milano slim fit pant looks nice - anyone have experience with them?

any other brooks bros trousers worth checking out?

i will be wearing them to a somewhat casual outdoor wedding.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

im looking for a slim trouser, specifically from brooks bros.

the milano slim fit pant looks nice - anyone have experience with them?

any other brooks bros trousers worth checking out?

i will be wearing them to a somewhat casual outdoor wedding.

The milano fit is slim, but not Incotex/Mabitex slim.

4. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

How is the Nordstrom 1901 brand? Specifically their sport shirts. The price is right, however Brooks Brothers can be had for that, as well as Ike Behar on sale/Ebay. Is the quality good for the price?

5. stileitaliano

stileitaliano New Member

Ciao tutti from Italy! I recently read a question regarding looking for a tailor and wanted to know if I can post and where the name of my tailor, who has been tailoring for more than 40 years now and is based in Sherman Oaks California. He is my father! Thanks all and looking forward to being a part of this forum. By the way I have a lot to say regarding fashion trends in Italy! [​IMG]

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

When people talk about "shell cordovan," are they referring to the leather or the color? I get the impression shell cordovan shoes can be in colors other than cordovan, but I may be mistaken. (Hence the question.)

- Keith

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Shell cordovan refers to the leather. Cordovan by itself could be ambiguous.

8. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

When people talk about "shell cordovan," are they referring to the leather or the color? I get the impression shell cordovan shoes can be in colors other than cordovan, but I may be mistaken. (Hence the question.)

- Keith

"Shell Cordovan" means the leather. Cordovan can be either a color, or an abbreviation of Shell Cordovan. You are correct.

EZ

9. ImGuss

ImGuss New Member

Hello, I'm new around here and I just wanted to ask if anybody knows any good thrift stores in the Miami, Florida area.

10. sfaith

sfaith Active Member

For moleskin pants, which brands are affordable and good? I am in Singapore so I'd really prefer if you guys can recommend me something that can get in Asia as well. But heck, I can try ordering online too [​IMG] though the fit might be questionable [​IMG]

11. calcio

calcio Member

What are some other good sites besides SF? Any good blogs, forums, twitter feeds you follow?

12. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

13. poissa

poissa Senior member

whats the quality like on Mabitex pants? There's a FS on this forum, like $70 shipped. Is that a value proposition?

14. dah328

dah328 Senior member

whats the quality like on Mabitex pants? There's a FS on this forum, like $70 shipped. Is that a value proposition?
    There's tons of discussion on them if you do a search. There's at least two lines and $70 is certainly decent if it's the higher line.

15. binge

binge Senior member

Ciao tutti from Italy! I recently read a question regarding looking for a tailor and wanted to know if I can post and where the name of my tailor, who has been tailoring for more than 40 years now and is based in Sherman Oaks California. He is my father! Thanks all and looking forward to being a part of this forum. By the way I have a lot to say regarding fashion trends in Italy! [​IMG]

Welcome to the forum. Information on good tailors here in the US is always appreciated.