1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

2. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

Thanks, AmericanGent. I couldn't find a picture match with that brand, but I'll contact them and see if they recognize it.

3. Theralen

Theralen New Member

What is my facial type, what form? I look for haircut reccomendations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

You’re posting to the “Classic Menswear” forum, and while there are some very knowledgeable people here and you might as a result get some useful answers to your question, I think you’ll improve your odds if you ask the folks over at the “Health and Body” forum, which seems to have more discussion of hair.

http://www.styleforum.net/f/6/health-body

Cheers,

Ac

1 person likes this.
  5. MMoon24

MMoon24 Senior member

I wanted to get a quick opinion. Just got my most recent Suit Supply order today. Been exchanging multiple sizes, and I hope I got the right one this time. Just one question...anything I should be worried about due to this crease/fold on my upper back?

[​IMG]

6. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

Can't tell much from this angle, but the sleeves look a bit long. As to the fold, as far as I know, it should come out when pressed. I would try to get them to pay for a pressing, but I have no idea if they would do it. I'm an ass like that.

7. MMoon24

MMoon24 Senior member

Yeah, I know the sleeves are long. I was just more or less concerned about the crease. Didn't notice it on my previous SS try ons, so a bit annoyed at that. At least it doesn't seem like a fitting issue.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

Well, I'm not expert - it is just a guess, but I really cannot imagine it being due to anything other than folding for shipping.

9. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

How snug a fit should mtm trousers be? Just got my first and without the tabs done up they barely stay up. Is this normal or are they too big?

10. Sean McKee

Sean McKee Well-Known Member

They should fit perfectly and you shouldn't even need a belt other than for looks

11. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

They should be as snug as any properly fitted trousers. Being MTM is irrelevant.

There are two variables in the equation: your body and the garment. More information is needed.

Cheers,

Ac

12. andrasveto

andrasveto New Member

I'm looking for a casual briefcase for school. This Alfred Dunhill is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in terms of both design and price. My question is, what's the quality like on Dunhill briefs? Can I expect it to last me 7 years of daily use?

13. Pburk

Pburk New Member

[​IMG]
    Does anyone know who makes the shoe at the top of this photo?

14. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

I can't identify that specific one, but it's a cap-toe, closed-lace oxford (also called Balmoral), and appears to be narrow-ish. Maybe with a bit of a pointy toe. You should have no trouble finding one like it.

15. Pburk

Pburk New Member

I have looked everywhere and can't find the maker. . I like the extra stitching.

16. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Senior member

The line that runs alongside the laces? My Florsheims are a little like that... they look oddly familiar but I can't recall where I'd have seen them. I did look at some Ferragamo's, and some Hugo Boss before my wedding, so it mind remind me of them.

17. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

I don't have much experience unfortunately as still building my wardrobe to graduate from 'boganwear'.
    I thought the point of beltless trousers was that they fit so well you didn't need anything to hold them up and side tabs were for minor adjustments. As such nothing off the rack would fit well enough to manage that unless you're really lucky. The trousers are low cut, part of my wedding suit. Came from a very reputable SF approved mtm business and cost (for me at least) a hell of a lot of money. I'm concerned that the trousers are looser than I expected. unfortunately the jacket is also too tight. I will definitely need several alterations made, I am just wondering if the pants need to be done too.

18. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

That's going to be a tough find. It looks like an Italian style, like Ferragamo or something, but that stitching is not really classic. Black cap toes are usually considered a more conservative shoe and that stitching takes away from that- just my opinion.

19. DjangoV

DjangoV Well-Known Member

Which would be considered more of a staple:
    Mid grey flannel trousers with or without cuffs?

20. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Simply a matter of personal preference.

2 people like this.