1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Thinking of getting an overcoat in the same style but different fabric than this, but was a bit put off by the center sleeve seam (there's an inner one as well so not sure what the function is other than decorative). Anything you've seen before? Thanks

[​IMG]

2. punit12

punit12 Active Member

This is most probably a no, but does this flannel shirt match with the sport coat? Will be wearing with tan chinos.

[​IMG]

3. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

^ you answered your own question. Definately a no. Also, that looks quite suity as a SC. I'd go with a blue non BD dress shirt.

1 person likes this.
  4. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior member

I"ll echo that the above combo doesn't work. But I'd wear a BD because of the chinos.

1 person likes this.
  5. punit12

punit12 Active Member

Thanks, thought so!

6. facet

facet Senior member

I just bought a suit from Suitsupply (it's this one if anyone is curious) and was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether I should bother with getting my tailor to do anything to the body at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously, I'll get the sleeves and pants shortened; but do you think the back needs cleaning up/slimmed or would you not bother?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  7. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

Can I wear a Navy Blazer with blue jeans? Will post pick of the blazer when it arrives.

*it is my first blazer. I want to wear the shit out of it.

8. gringodaddy

^^ I often wear jeans with odd jackets....but not with a navy blazer. It's done, I just personally don't love the blue on blue and a proper navy blazer is just below a suit in terms of formality (more at home with wool pants, tie, etc). unless you are talking about a blue odd jacket, with non metal buttons then I guess I'd have to see the jacket and jeans together to judge.

9. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

Your suit looks fine and masculine the way it is. One thing that stands out to me is the shoulders, but I woudln't be able to tell you what it is. Overall good fit.

10. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

Here is a link for the blazer. It is cotton and "textured" the more I think about it the more... Picked it up for 110 at BR. I also picked up this one. Its wool and gray.
    I don't dress to that point. I think the closes right now is black jeans and button up shirts. Maybe too soon for a blazer/jacket?

I purchased some teal pants and am looking into some versatile colored khakis.

11. gringodaddy

That is much different than what I'd consider a navy blazer. Wear it with jeans if you like and enjoy.

12. gringodaddy

Bump!

13. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

I'm not sure but it looks like lint or is that speck in the jacket itself? Do you sit with it rubbing against anything while wearing it?

14. ovlov

ovlov Senior member

How forgiving is sizing for driving mocs?

never worn anything like them before but thinking of ordering a pair of Andy Toms. They only seem to come in standard widths and whole sizes. Is this because their as easy to fit as sneakers or should i be shopping around more? (in aus so i can't really try anything on, all shoe purchases online)

15. punit12

punit12 Active Member

Happy new year! What would be the best way to get some dried mud stains off a pair of Brooks Milano pants (tan)?

16. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

My experience (with Tods) is that they are very forgiving at least if we are talking the ones with rubber pebble sole (or whatever it's called). I'd size down a half size if in bettween sizes.

17. facet

facet Senior member

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the right shoulder is a combination of my right being lower than my left and having a different sleeve pitch. It's not enough for me to worry about it though.

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

19. killerfrenzi

killerfrenzi Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get my first suit for interviews and such since I'm graduating from university soon.

I'm having a hard time trying to find a 100% wool suit (since I read something on SF that I shouldn't settle for something less wool than that) for ~$250 in navy or charcoal. And it's hard for me to justify a $500 suitsupply suit.

Can anyone suggest where I could get a good price-quality ratio suit? and how much better is it to spring for a more expensive one? (I'm afraid of not liking it after a couple of years)

EDIT: maybe this Asos may fit the bill? (http://goo.gl/Yc5iuE) or else maybe uniqlo?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  20. Evan Chartier

Evan Chartier Member

I was just in the same predicament as you, needed a suit for interviews and under a $300 price point. I ended up purchasing a Jos A Bank Signature Gold suit for $250 on sale. I know they dont get a lot of love on here, but I actually like the suit and I think the signature gold is a decent quality for me. They also carry my size, a 36L, which is hard to find elsewhere.

I also spoke a lot with the Wizard of Aahs. They have a new site, and what seem to be high quality suits in the $229-300 range.

Evan