• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Zac Duncan

Reaction score
Quick question:

Do you guys think MTM suit is worthy?

i enjoy wearing tailored garments, they fit!

except the two of my favorites: A Timeless & L.H.S., any recommendations?

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score
Took a shot as a separate thread, but no replies.

Hello hello! First question for you fine gents out there. Recently got 2 beautiful Ascot Chang ties (along with various others) as a hand-me-down from my dad (never worn). His office used to be suit-n-tie every day but no more, so doesn't need quite the same size closet he had. I like the mix of physical pattern in the design of these two, but the colors are complex enough I'd love to know what shirts you think these would go with.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/18896f210049002

In case the colors are too washed out to see.. Both have alternating fabric patterns (flat and houndstooth, almost)

The left one has broad grey/silver and yellow stripes along with thinner orange pinstripes.Yellow and grey is more straight forward than the other tie (which is really bugging me) but I've never really worn orange of any kind so just wondering.

The right one is white along with stripes of pink, white, and dark dark maroon/red stripes. This one really throws me because white is one color (for ties) I'm not familiar with. It'd be too washed out by a white shirt, right? Light blue (since it goes with each color individually)?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

naveehgreen

Reaction score
Any suggestions for good shoes to wear out during the fall-- during the daytime and at bars? I was looking into a new pair of loafers but worried those would be better as a spring/summer shoes.

Thanks!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any suggestions for good shoes to wear out during the fall-- during the daytime and at bars?  I was looking into a new pair of loafers but worried those would be better as a spring/summer shoes.

Thanks!

Suede shoes are great for fall. Wingtip boots, or wingtips come to mind for the fall.

MrOnBicycle

Reaction score
Does anyone know how high the rise (or measurement) is on Charles Tyrwhitt moleskin trousers? I have contacted them twice but have had no concrete answer yet.

aw82

Reaction score
Would an OCBD with contrasting cuff lining (i.e., only shows when sleeves are rolled) be stupid? Thinking blue OCBD with blue gingham. I'm having trouble finding photos of something like this, which might been it's a bad idea.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Would an OCBD with contrasting cuff lining (i.e., only shows when sleeves are rolled) be stupid?  Thinking blue OCBD with blue gingham.  I'm having trouble finding photos of something like this, which might been it's a bad idea.

Don't do it.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
does anyone know where to find slim fit v-neck sweaters with saddle shoudlers?

pazzion

Reaction score
Is suede/nubuck really fit for winter use? I've always heard that they can't take water and moisture, but I see all these people ordering RM Williams boots and alikes in suede - beacuse of the approaching winter. Do these people all live in a dry but rather cold climate, or have I gotten it all wrong?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is suede/nubuck really fit for winter use? I've always heard that they can't take water and moisture, but I see all these people ordering RM Williams boots and alikes in suede - beacuse of the approaching winter. Do these people all live in a dry but rather cold climate, or have I gotten it all wrong?

I mean I wouldn't slosh around in the snow with it, but it is a cozy material for fall.winter for sure. Especially in darker colors.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first 100% wool trousers. Where should I look? Howard Yount is all out of sizes, with what seems like poor customer service in not answering questions in the Howard Yount thread or through email. Panta is too expensive for me.

Looking for something in the $100 something range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads