1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

Aren't those ones only 'loose at the top' because the person wearing them hasn't bothered to actually lace them up?

2. TuckerSon

TuckerSon Active Member

What is the difference between a blazer from H&M/ZARA versus Suit Supply? I can imagine the fabrics can be a bit better at the Suit Supply, but what about the other aspects?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

3. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

Hey, i have a Shawl sweater, a cardigan and jacket and was wondering what you guys recommend would match color shirt or t-shirt would match with them Pics below. I have the jeans and shoes/sneakers part down, but not the top part. So any recommendations? Thanks

[​IMG]

4. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

winner, winner, chicken dinner

5. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

Hey, i have a Shawl sweater, a cardigan and jacket and was wondering what you guys recommend would match color shirt or t-shirt would match with them Pics below. I have the jeans and shoes/sneakers part down, but not the top part. So any recommendations? Thanks

[​IMG]

6. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a pair of pea/leaf green chinos, something like these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been looking through my wardrobe and decided that I have quite a bit that would work well with a color like this (browns, grays, light blues, whites, purple/wine/burgundy patterns, etc. Seems to be a very versatile color.), and I need more green in my closet anyway, as it matches my eyes well. I considered the Epaulet duck chinos (last picture), but they seem a bit heavy. Do you think they'll hold a crease? Their Walt trouser is more what I'm looking for, but it only comes in a much cooler, technicolor emerald green. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys.

7. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior Member

Sorry for dupe posts, kept getting page not found message.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

8. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

9. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a pair of pea/leaf green chinos, on the order of:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw these photos and noticed that I have quite a bit in my wardrobe that would work well with a color like this. I also just need more green in my wardrobe as it looks good on me. I've considered the Epaulet rivet ducks (first pic), but they seem too heavy. Their walt twill trousers are more what I'm looking for, but they only come in a much cooler, technicolor emerald green. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

10. ABirdinHand

ABirdinHand Active Member

11. ABirdinHand

So I'm looking for a raincoat. I'd really like to get something that I could wear with dress clothes, but also wear out at night with jeans. I was thinking of picking up a Barbour International Jacket in Black, but could I get away with wearing it in a professional setting?

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

The International may not be the way to go then. You need more of a traditional rain coat if you want to use it in a "professional" setting.

13. ABirdinHand

Any suggestions? I'd really like to avoid a trench coat...

14. Aeneas

Aeneas Senior Member

Would a Thick as Thieves suit be MC approved?

15. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

NO ONE?