• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for the shorts.

I can't find them, so I don't think they are Adidas.

So just search for Jeremy Scott stuff. I think Wayne was into his stuff seeing as to how he inspired the "Animal" Adidas and such.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Shades of Grey shirt sizing. Found a "slim-fit" offering of theirs online in size medium and I want to know if it would fit me. Usually I wear size small in Ralph Lauren/Rugy/JCrew/BB slim-fit oxfords.

So anyone know what's up with this stuff?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If not, check their return policy and order both sizes. Send the one back that doesn't fit. Alternatively, you could call them directly and ask.

Might be worth a shot.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm wondering how I could wear this tie. I don't have a suit. I'm pretty new to all of of this, but also wouldn't wear one to work. I work at a hotel and am running around doing odd things for guests, so just a shirt and tie is preferred. I'm looking for a suggestion on shoes, slacks, and shirt, as I'm pretty sure nothing I have will match this tie.

Side note: I'm 24, and like to think I dress on the trendier side, so please no grandpa outfits. Haha even though this tie would fit that well indeed.

It's a pretty tie. It should go with a dress shirt that has a white background and a tasteful pattern, such as light blue stripes or checks. Your dress code calls for a tie without a jacket? That is unfortunate, and lace-up dress shoes and trousers (not jeans) are about as specific as the advice that can be given now.

Last edited:

LWHQ

Reaction score
So just search for Jeremy Scott stuff. I think Wayne was into his stuff seeing as to how he inspired the "Animal" Adidas and such.

I did, but couldn't find them.

They look like Joyrich shorts, but again I couldn't find them.

I've been searching for "leopard shorts" a lot too, but no luck :(

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is a new BB Golden Fleece Madison a good deal at $499?

Assuming it's not some weird color or pattern, it sounds like a good deal.

Bear in mind, the Madison cut tends to be Brooks' more full cut and traditionally styled suit. It's what I prefer, but I believe most of the folks here on SF would prefer a more modern, slim-fitting suits, like the Fitzgerald.
--
Michael

etpak1

Reaction score
Hello I just joined because you guys seem to know your stuff. I just got hired as a full time employee at my University (was previously a student) and have been trying to update my wardrobe to dress nicely and appropriately.

I have been wearing mostly Polo Ralph Lauren dress shirts and oxfords but have been recently looking at Ruby Ralph Lauren but have no experience with any of their items. I am wondering if Rugby Ralph Luaren shirts such as this one: http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=12322599&categoryId=3940586&cp=3870663 are slimmer fitting than PRL custom fit oxfords? I want a slimmer look as I feel PRL shirts are a little big on me (especially classic fit.)

I am 5'9, 140 lbs. Thank you for any and all advice.

thisisfun

Reaction score
Hi guys, could anybody shed some light on the world of Chinese Faux-Italiano brands? My current understanding is that many of them come from the same factory, just with different names (sometimes more than one per suit) tacked on.
Browsing past threads, I've gathered that
Joseph Bach=Abito Sartoriale=Luciano Bardelli=Mattazari Uomo=Marco Valentino

Can anybody confirm this relation?
I'm asking because I recently purchased a "Luciano Bardelli" blazer for $340 thinking it was essentially the same as a "Marco Valentino" which based on some of the feedback on these boards, is considered to be a decent quality, entry-level make. It's navy and 100% wool with a half Canvass, fits me quite well and appears to be of good quality. Should I keep it as sort of a "beginner's blazer" or should I attempt to return it tomorrow.

I ended up buying it because I couldn't really find a better deal in NYC (probably doin' it wrong; my inexperience is showing), and the next best thing I came across was a Versace sport coat for $346@ Saks, and that thing was fused and 65% polyester.

(Also, it says that the fabric is by Marzotto)

Last edited:

Sonorously

Reaction score
I recently bought a shoe care kit and it came with shoe cream in black and brown. Are any of the ingredients dangerous to the health of my shoes? Or is it the standard stuff:

Aliphatic hydrocarbon, light aromatic solvent naphta, diethylene glycol

RedLeg

Reaction score
Assuming it's not some weird color or pattern, it sounds like a good deal.
Bear in mind, the Madison cut tends to be Brooks' more full cut and traditionally styled suit. It's what I prefer, but I believe most of the folks here on SF would prefer a more modern, slim-fitting suits, like the Fitzgerald.
--
Michael
They had Fitzgeralds as well, which I ended up preferring. Had a large selection off sizes and styles, so I didn't feel rushed to make a buy. I may go back tomorrow.

logikel

Reaction score
can anyone recommend some moderately priced (~$100) skinny trousers/slacks......literally every pair I try on are too baggy at the leg opening...I don't want skin tight, but I really want a tapered opening that has no break...thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics