1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

2. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

thx everyone that replied. . The consensus I'm getting is light colored pants(mid gray, creme, beige). and maybe purple shoe laces ;-)

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

anyone? I'm sure someone knows this... thank you.

4. E TF

E TF Senior member

Could anyone recommend a source for good rtw shirt jackets/safari-type jackets? I want a nice linen one for the summer. Preferably in UK or EU.

5. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

I own both that Kenmoor model (stamped pebble grain) and the Veblen in grey waxed leather ... they make for great casual shoes if purchased for less than half of MSRP.
    I find the Kenmoor is built with just a little more care than the Veblen.

6. Konbini

Konbini New Member

I recently bought a pair of Edward Green Chelseas in Black Calf. I looked inside at the shoe sock/insole and noticed that the insole was made of a wooden material with a thin leather pad glued onto the heel area over the insole. I was wondering what you guys thought of the 'wooden' aspect of the insole? This is the first time i saw an insole made of wood/wood laminate. Thanks guys!

Dave

7. DeanLaxer

DeanLaxer New Member

Just got my "Napoli Navy Plain"-suit from Suitsupply, EU size 46. Does it fit?

http://imgur.com/a/bWgcW#5
    (thumbnails of more pics to the right)

I guess the sleeves on the jacket are too short, or maybe my shirt extends too far down. Or both, I don't know. Could anyone make a judgement?

8. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Senior member

Looks short to me.

9. eith

eith Member

I picked up a pair of AE Strands in Walnut but before I walk out the door with them wanted to find out if I should seriously consider something like the C&J Barrington in Tan. What differences am i going to see/feel in that type of an upgrade?

Thanks.

10. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I have sold many pairs of C&J (for Peal & Co) shoes and several pairs of AE (for Brooks Brothers). I am usually not too excited about the AE's but recently had a pair of dark brown Strands. Damn, those were nice. Now I want a pair. The C&J shoe may be a little bit nicer, but you will be paying quite a lot for that little bit.

11. ArcticPanda

ArcticPanda Member

I currently have a grey 3 piece suit from Ted Baker. I'm 19 years old, and i'm looking to get my next suit. I cannot afford a bespoke savile Row, so it'll likely have to be off the peg. What is the best brand to look for? I'm likely looking at a blue 3 piece, and then i'll get myself a pair of Church's Brogues

12. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Senior member

Does anyone know why guys wear black to the high school prom? It's like they are going to a funeral. Why not navy? o.o Anyone have answers?

13. E TF

E TF Senior member

Fear not, there are a multitude of options at various price points between Ted Baker and Savile Row. It is a subject that has come up here once or twice before - try the search function and read through some existing threads on the matter. Likewise shoes (it is generally agreed that there are better options than Church's).

They know no better.

14. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

Short, and looks like you have a little collar gap going on.

Try posting on the ask a tailor thread.

15. BFBFB

BFBFB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Greeting SF animals.
    Blazer good as is? Fixes?
    Thanks.

16. CalGuy13

CalGuy13 Well-Known Member

What are some good online RTW suit merchants and brands? I'd like full canvas, a natural shoulder, and a BB Fitzgerald-esque fit, for under $800, ideally.

Something like eHaberdasher's Benjamin line would be good, but it looks like he's sold out in my size. SuitSupply is too slim for me, I think.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  17. Flame

Flame Senior member

Workhorse suit for a fresh grad starting his 1st job in August:

SuitSupply, Benjamin or BB?

18. CalGuy13

CalGuy13 Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to say BB, assuming their fits and sizing works for you. At $1499 for 2, minus 25% during a Friend and Family sale, the price point is reasonable. More importantly, a new grad presumably is less familiar with what to look for in a suit, sizing, etc. While the SuitSupply and Benjamin may be better, there's some value to being able to try on in a retail store.

2 people like this.
  19. exphysresearch

exphysresearch New Member