Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Two questions regarding one jacket in the Yoox sample sale section:

1. Sample sale now refers to the Fall-Winter (current merchandise) or the Spring-Summer (past merchandise) season?

2. If jacket is half wool/ half cotton, to which season it belongs (if there is anyway to tell, of course)?

Thanks!

2. Red Rising

Red Rising New Member

First time poster. Style Forum can be a really intimidating place...

I have a deconstructed unlined sportcoat that I just had a tailor open up the sleeve buttons on. Is there a proper form to rolling or folding up the sleeves on the jacket for a casual look? I've seen it on some blogs, just wondering how to replicate it. I can take pictures with my jacket if need be.

Thanks!

3. Tommy6669

Tommy6669 New Member

Does anyone have any good thin, hooded jacket or sweater recommendations? For example, an American Apparel sweater would be too thick, but something thicker than their plastic rain jackets.

If they fit slim, that's always a plus =]

4. bnovc

bnovc Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about The Tie Bar despite it being mentioned on here a lot. That seems like a great choice!

Would http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page..._Ties.asp&pg=0&categoryIds=72&optionValueIds= be a good one to go with then? It seems pretty standard.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

5. bnovc

bnovc Well-Known Member

There are certainly a lot more knowledgeable people here than me, but here's my thoughts:

I think that your jacket is too short, so it looks very peculiar with your polo. This is a little bit better with your dress shirt, but I think your dress shirt is also too short. It seems like your jacket may be too wide around your waist/hips; it seems to flare out a bit. Perhaps adding a picture with it buttoned would help. Your jacket should rest in your hands when they are cuffed hanging down and is probably a bit too short there also.

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

7. Tommy6669

Tommy6669 New Member

I would go with the polo and sneakers. The jacket looks pretty good, personally I don't find the sleeves too short. Better short than long anyways!

8. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Jos A Bank is having a 70% off sale that ends today, how is the construction of their items? Would it be worth investing in?

JAB dress shirts v RLPL

JAB trousers v Howard Yount

Sport Coats (in general)

shoes

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

JAB quality is quite low - all machine made in low cost countries by the lowest bidder. JAB shirts wouldn't compare to RLPL. The only shirt from JAB you might consider is a signature gold, but they are going to fit similar to a BB regular fit.

NEVER EVER BUY JAB SHOES.

10. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Can anyone tell me what season this isaia navy blazer is from?
    [​IMG]

It's a cotton cashmere blend 85/15.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

11. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

For a cheaper but still decent alternative, try one from http://www.ties-necktie.com/ :
    Satin: http://www.ties-necktie.com/black-self-tied-silk-bow-tie-p-16915.html
    Faille/grosgrain: http://www.ties-necktie.com/black-ribbed-self-tied-bow-tie-p-16914.html

12. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I agree with the other posters that it looks better with the long-sleeve shirt. Otherwise, the jacket sleeves look too short. It is probably a little on the short side, but that is somewhat trendy right now. Since you are wearing it for a night out with jeans, you are fine. I probably wouldn't wear it to work.

13. Gneisenau

Gneisenau Member

Having bought a navy 50/50 blend of wool and mohair sport coat intended for use during the summer I know find myself in a predicament. I don't know what to go for in terms of pants! Fabric that is, ordinary cotton? Linen? Cotton-linen blend? Wool? What goes best with a wool-mohair blend? Any other suggestions?

Edit: I'm going for something relaxed and Italian.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

14. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

i know its a bit early but can anybody tell me where i can pick up a good cashmere scarf and also maybe a university scarf??? also where is top quality cashmere made?

15. Dark Knot

Dark Knot Affiliate Vendor