Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. StormRider

StormRider Senior member

I found the DKNY slim suit pants in 30x30 fits me perfectly, but I have a really hard time finding it not as part of the suit, anyone know where I can buy the these not as part of a suit?

Thanks.

2. repsakC

repsakC Member

What does it mean when a suit has a "high twist"? I'm running into it while looking at some online stuff whose quality/trustworthiness I can't count on, so it'd be nice to know if that's actually a "thing". Is it the same as saying a high gorge?

Thanks!

3. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

How do there slim fit shirts compare to the Tailor Fit CT shirts?
    The slim fit shirts are usually not that slim and the CT tailor fit is fitting me perfectly.

4. E TF

E TF Senior member

It refers to the type of yarn used to weave the cloth; nothing to do with the cut of the finished garment . High twist yarn is harder and stronger than "low twist": fresco is a high twist cloth, flannel a low twist. As i understand it, it has to do with the angle and tightness with which the separate strands of wool are woven together to make the yarn.

I suggest you lurk on the forum for a while longer before you buy anything...

5. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Hi everyone,
    Received my Sutor's the other day and wore them for the first time. They are very slippery and nearly fell in the super market (I wasn't drunk) haha. Is there anything I can do to perhaps lessen the slipping of the sole? I am fairly new to high end shoes.

Regards,
    Mario

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Scuff up the sole on the pavement.

7. logan858

logan858 Active Member

i made a thread then saw this one afterwards, asnyways, here's my 2 questions:

"ANYWAYS, i'm still learning tons, and i run into new questions all the time. yesterday i ran into two things i was wondering about.

1. what is a taped armhole? I saw it written on a shirt tag, a fairly cheap leo chevalier shirt, with a number of other things and had never heard that term used before.

and 2. what are sport loops on a pant? and what distinguishes sport loops from other loops? it was advertised in our coppley spring 2012 catalogue on a pant. I *assumed* it must be some sort of configuration of the belt loops, but really, it's the first time i've heard people talk about the loops of a pant.

thx SF, hope u guys can help me out :)"

8. Zaeon

Zaeon Member

ty for the reply. I'll just return the jacket. My sizing is weird-- the small is a little bit big/drapey and the xsmall is a little tight.

9. LokStock

LokStock Member

Thinking of using a navy 120s basketweave wool for an everyday business suit (for law firm), what are your thoughts?

10. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

The watch is Kolber, the strap also.

11. LWHQ

LWHQ Member

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find this purple zip-up jacket?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

12. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I think the question-thread in SW&D would be more appropiate for this question [​IMG]

13. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Senior member

What would you pay for this fabric per yard: Zegna 150 Ultrafine cashemere/wool blend(11.5–15 µm)? Colors can be chosen after order(black, navy, grey, etc.)
    A friend and tailor just became an official distributor here in a thirdworld country I'm in for business. He made me a Zegna suit and wants to me to bring some yards to the states to sell. He wants to sell for over $250 per yard.....reasonable?

(Asking this for a friend)

14. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Affects the texture and how warm the suit will wear too. A low twist yarn, like you would find in a flannel or a tweed, will be fuzzier, trap heat better, and be warmer. Higher twist yarns will allow you to weave something like fresco, which has fairly wide spacing between threads, allowing it to breathe. Try that with a low twist yarn, and you wind up with the durability of tissue paper, though it would probably be very soft and comfy to wear.

Perfectly fine. It'll still be a solid navy suit, the fabric will just have a little depth to it from the basketweave.

15. Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson Active Member

Hey,

I'm invited to a wedding next wednesday. Have this Navy plain Suit with this Shirt.

So I need a tie and a pocket square for it - What do you recommend? The rest of the guests are not strict formal worn.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012