• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

kludi

Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated guys, especially since its my first post on sf. Will use insoles/see my cobbler as a short term solution, hopefully I can find a long term solution that does not spoil the shoe - will post back here then!

If there is anyone who has similar experience please PM me or respond to this post.

I am not sure if it is possible to shrink the shoes without risking doing a permament damage. You are right that the shoes could expand ever further if you would put the insoles/heel grips in the shoes, but I did put the insoles in, worn the shoes every day for about a month and did not notice any expansion.
I would reccomend you going to some shoemaker in your area and asked him, if it is possible to make the shoes smaller - I think that the construction of the suede loafers is not complicated and it would be possible to re-cut the shoes, but that is just my guess and it will be best just to ask a skilled shoemaker. If this does not work, try the insoles (which should not expand your shoe) and as a last option try the heel grips.
Hope it helps and good luck!

Some makers offer to take shoes down half a size when they are re-crafted. I don't know whether BM offers this as it is rather rare.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Need some opinion on these shoes, Ferragamo Tramezza, with a 70 percent discount, fits perfectly, a little bit on the fence about the white part.
I know that pants look too long on these photos but they are good, it's just the end of day, crumpled and pose.

Spurious

Reaction score
What's the take on TM Lewin and CT Shirts?
Which one should be preferred over the other?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some opinion on these shoes, Ferragamo Tramezza, with a 70 percent discount, fits perfectly, a little bit on the fence about the white part.
I know that pants look too long on these photos but they are good, it's just the end of day, crumpled and pose.

Ugh, any two of those colours and they might be wearable spectators, but all three is just too much.

Paul5588

Reaction score
For those of us who wear a suit without a tie to work, should our shirt collars be button down or not? Is either acceptable?

ellsbebc

Reaction score

For those of us who wear a suit without a tie to work, should our shirt collars be button down or not? Is either acceptable?

I would call it personal preference. The only time I pull a button down from wardrobe is a OCBD worn casually. If opting for a dress shirt, the collar absolutely cannot be a floppy ******

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sorry, I just can't get on board with these if they were giving them away...they look like a pair of shoes that a costume store would give you when you rent a gangster outfit. I'm just a guy on the internet though, so go for them if you like them, just don't be blinded by the discount!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I just can't get on board with these if they were giving them away...they look like a pair of shoes that a costume store would give you when you rent a gangster outfit. I'm just a guy on the internet though, so go for them if you like them, just don't be blinded by the discount!

Yes - this.

If you would not pay full price for it, getting on sale isn't likely to result in more wears or greater enjoyment.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

details on your watch strap (and watch)?

I don't like them, too much going on IMO.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a single sided card case that isn't just plain calfskin. I don't really like the look of alligator. Does anyone have thoughts on this or buffalo leather?

BB Buffalo Slim Card Case

Last edited:

RicPac

Reaction score
so i finally decided to not skimp on an all around navy blazer, anybody can tell me where i can get a good one?? under 500 is preferably

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics