• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you put shoe trees in your leather sneakers?

I've searched the forums and have seen a couple threads from MC where some people stated that they did. Have also seen some
pics from the "recent purchases" thread in SWD with sneakers having shoe trees in them.

Yah? Nah?

Cole

Reaction score

Do you put shoe trees in your leather sneakers?

I've searched the forums and have seen a couple threads from MC where some people stated that they did. Have also seen some 
pics from the "recent purchases" thread in SWD with sneakers having shoe trees in them.

Yah? Nah?

I do, don't see why not if you have an extra pair of shoe trees

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only if my sneakers are really smelly or if, I don't know, they got wet and then were crushed out of shape after that. I don't find they'd make any difference otherwise.

lineate

Reaction score

Budget is $200-$300. I was looking at the All Saints Hazard Boots, but apparntly the shoes are garbage quality and therefore overprice. Can someone suggest some boots in that price range, in a similar or equally casual-street style.

The hazard looks like this

http://www.ca.allsaints.com/men/footwear/allsaints-hazard-boot/
I don't particularly like Allsaints, nor respect the brazen designer knock offs they do, but I think thy get an unduly hard time around here when it come to "quality". It's wrong to say the quality is ****. I once had a pair of brogues that I wore for 3 to 4 years. A friend has a pair of combat boots with rubber sole that have been going nearly as long.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NeedMoney

Reaction score
Anyone know what style these pants/jeans are? And if they have a men's version?

LowInFat

Reaction score
What is the general consensus on grey suede oxfords? I think they look really nice and versatile but I don't see them often, so I'm reluctant as to how they're received.

Because it's my first time with them (and suede as a whole), I want to spend too much in case I don't like them. In particular, I'm eyeing the following 2 pairs:
  • Ben Sherman Mayfair Suede Oxford - Pic 1 - Pic 2
  • Bostonian Classic Grey Buck Oxford - Pic 1

Thoughts?

Jester87

Reaction score

Do jeans work with both the wingtip oxfords and the semi-brogue bluchers pictured above (both in walnut)?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why not try them on with some denim instead of taking a photo of them.

fides

Reaction score

Do jeans work with both the wingtip oxfords and the semi-brogue bluchers pictured above (both in walnut)?

I dont see why they would'nt, granted trousers would be alot more accomadating in terms of the flow of the overall outfit. Again something along the lines of straight fit denim would work, something too slim or too loose would just be awkard.

fides

Reaction score
What is the general consensus on grey suede oxfords? I think they look really nice and versatile but I don't see them often, so I'm reluctant as to how they're received.

Because it's my first time with them (and suede as a whole), I want to spend too much in case I don't like them. In particular, I'm eyeing the following 2 pairs:
  • Ben Sherman Mayfair Suede Oxford - Pic 1 - Pic 2
  • Bostonian Classic Grey Buck Oxford - Pic 1

Thoughts?
I actually see the suede oxfords alot nowadays, I think they are coming back/ or trending right now (not too sure on the history of them) but yes I see alot of people pulling off the look, usually I see them being paired with trousers or chinos (rare compared to trousers), and usually the colors are of an earthy tones, autumn colors if you will.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads